Team Board Mock Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the Sharks pick?

• Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trevor Connelly, LW, Providence (NCAA)

• Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Michael Hage, C, Michigan (NCAA)

• Cole Hutson, D, Boston University (NCAA)

• Aron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)

• Henry Mews, D, Ottawa (OHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Sharks fan.

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

Mother Thread on Prospect Board

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habsTij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)

1715536931391.png

Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

7. :sens
Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

8. :seattle Sam Dickinson, D, London (OHL)

9.:flames
Berkly Catton, F, Spokane (WHL)

10. :devilsMichael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

11. :sabres Konsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

12. :flyers Zanye Parekh, D, Saginaw (OHL)

13. :wild Carter Yakemchuk, D, Calgary (WHL)

14. :sharks?????

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Cole Yzerman for me. Just kidding he's not avaialable.

Granted, if he was Stevie's kid, I would draft him here but he's not so i hesitate

Last edited:

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Uncertainty over Chernyshov shoulder has me casting my vote for Sennecke

Couldn't help noticing the utter reaches on the ballot, when it came to defenders.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Eiserman is a one dimensional left-winger.
Does he supplant Eklund or Musty in our future top 6 or does he become the Sharks 3rd liner?
Eiserman's ceiling is a deadline acquisition quality player to give yourself a bit more scoring punch going into the playoffs, that you spend a late first and a third on when you are competing.

Why would you spend a mid first on him when you are trying to build your core?

Reactions: coooldude

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
What would I do on draft day if it falls like this?
1) BPA: Chernyshov.
2) But, as I favor D due to organizational needs I'd check in closely on Jiriceks medical situation and strongly consider him.
3) If I am not absolutely confident, I would try to move back about 5 spots. I feel that the players available now are all in a similar tier so moving back and grabbing who's left would seem the best choice.
I'd target who is left off the two risers Solberg and Emery (who should be ranked higher then some of the Ds listed in this poll here). STL would probably pick Jiricek, WSH may also pick one, but one should be left.
If they are gone, I'd still be comfortable with remaining forwards in this tier - Should be one of Chernyshov, Sennecke, Eiserman, Hage.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Solberg should be a choice.

If not him, then Chernyshov for me.

It's not easy to pass on Sennecke or Eiserman and this is a total gut call after a few drinks on vacation so... Take it for what it is.

Reactions: NiWa and Sandisfan

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Eiserman's ceiling is a deadline acquisition quality player to give yourself a bit more scoring punch going into the playoffs, that you spend a late first and a third on when you are competing.

Why would you spend a mid first on him when you are trying to build your core?
Depending on who else is available, I might.
If there's a highly regarded top 6 type RW or RD then probably not.
If MBN, Sennecke, and Yam are all taken, then I'd be looking into seeing if Chicago has an interest in trading up from 18. Granted we don't really need more draft picks but, it would certainly allow us to trade back into the 1st round and probably with us keeping the 33rd.

Reactions: Sandisfan

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
Eiserman, would be nice to have a proper trigger man for the PP, and if he grows other parts of his game might wind up being a steal here.
Eiserman vs Senneck. An interesting standoff. Eiserman is a shoot 1st ask later kinda guy and Sennecke is a more cerebral think 1st guy. Both are projected to be 3rd line players. Of course, projections are not set in stone, It just people opinions on how they are going to end up career playing in the NHL and it can change. We had a shoot 1st shoot kinda of guy in Jonathon Cheechoo, remember him? lasted for 1 year and people figured out his 1 dimensional game and he was shipped out for Dany Heatley.
Should you spend a #14 OA on a 3rd line player?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Give me Jiricek and a prayer that third time is the charm when it comes to a Czech and his knees.
I would love to see a study on players by nationality and susceptibility to knee injury. I’ve got a theory that Czech players are more likely to suffer a knee injury than others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad