Team Board Mock Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the Bagel Shredders Pick?

• Sean Behrens (D) U.S. National U18 Team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xavier Bourgault (C) Shawinigan Cataractes

• Tristan Broz (F) Fargo Force

• Zach Dean (C) Gatineau Olympiques

• Aleksi Heimosalmi (D) Ässät U20

• Zachary L'Heureux (C) Halifax Mooseheads

• Evan Nause (D) Québec Remparts

• Brennan Othmann (LW) Olten

• Simon Robertsson (RW) Skellefteå AIK

• Matthew Samoskevich (C) Chicago Steel

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I am wrong, a bunch of no name guys ranked him higher and the rep rankings have him nowhere near 16.

pits kind of amusing how uppity people get when you don’t validate their draft opinions.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I am wrong, a bunch of no name guys ranked him higher and the rep rankings have him nowhere near 16.

pits kind of amusing how uppity people get when you don’t validate their draft opinions.
Which of those sources would you consider “no name guys”? And who are better sources in your opinion?

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
To add, Corey Pronman has Svechkov at 15th and Craig Button has him at 10th.

Although Scott Wheeler has Svech at 36th and I'm very curious as to why given who he had over him.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Look, I don’t really know I f he is any good. Never seen him play. I like what I have read and his stats so I voted for him.

But you are way off here. You made erroneous claim that nobody had him ranked this high when many did. And then when I pointed that out you lashed out. Not a good look.

Reactions: KapG

Ibleedlou

Jun 17, 2021
St. Paul, MN
I missed this vote, but I'm still in on Francesco Pinelli who plays an all around game, like Svechkov, with similar size, yet he's more offensive and a better skater. He went to Europe this past season, because of pandemic, and only played in a handful of games in the Euro men's league (11 points in 13 games) which is likely why he isn't ranked higher, didn't play enough, but looking at the WJC-18 for Team Canada that followed his time in Europe this year, he scored 11 points in 7 games for Team Canada. This is the pick at 16 as I feel he checks the most boxes and has been undervalued with a lack of games this past year. Size, speed, skill, all around game, swagger, and projects as a top 6 center. Compares to another Blue in this scouting report below.

2021 NHL Draft #24: Francesco Pinelli Scouting Report

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
He has skating issues and nobody has him ranked near 16.

I didn't vote for him due to his speed/skating issues. However, I have seen rankings and mocks that have him as high as 13. In fact, if you take the average of every ranking and poll I looked at, he would probably be the highest average of everyone available. Here are a few:

Consolidated rankings: 16
Elite prospects: 13
FCHockey: 18
Sportsnet: 13
Dobber sporspects: 17
Draft prospects hockey: 13

TSN ,Wheeler and a few others have him in the low 30s (although Buttons from TSN has him at 10), and its obviously because of his skating.

I can think of another slower, defensive player with great defensive stick and high hockey IQ that the Blues were happy to have. Not saying Svechkov is the next ROR (again, I didn't vote for him), but slower players shouldn't be dismissed out of hand either.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I didn't vote for him due to his speed/skating issues. However, I have seen rankings and mocks that have him as high as 13. In fact, if you take the average of every ranking and poll I looked at, he would probably be the highest average of everyone available. Here are a few:

Consolidated rankings: 16
Elite prospects: 13
FCHockey: 18
Sportsnet: 13
Dobber sporspects: 17
Draft prospects hockey: 13

TSN ,Wheeler and a few others have him in the low 30s (although Buttons from TSN has him at 10), and its obviously because of his skating.

I can think of another slower, defensive player with great defensive stick and high hockey IQ that the Blues were happy to have. Not saying Svechkov is the next ROR (again, I didn't vote for him), but slower players shouldn't be dismissed out of hand either.
We should have multiple top prospects available when we pick, if we pick wisely. This is going to be an interesting draft bc of lots of abbreviated seasons. Going to be some real gems picked much later than if they had full years, especially in CHL.

Ibleedlou

Jun 17, 2021
St. Paul, MN
^ Agree. I think this draft is somewhat a wildcard that will likely have a few gems go much lower than they should, as said above, from the abbreviated season some played. If the Blues are going to lose Dunn and a 1st is out of the question, trade him for a high 2nd round pick. I still believe there is a lot of value there, especially this year, if your scouts have done their homework.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad