Team Board Mock Draft Pick #31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the Habs pick?

• Beau Akey, D, Barrie Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kalan Lind, F, Red Deer Rebels

• Theo Lindstein, D, Brynäs IF

• Oscar Fisker Mølgaard, C, HV71

• Koehn Ziemmer,RW, Prince George Cougar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
There are a few guys like Musty, But and Cristall that I'd take if they dropped to 31st, but if they're off the board I'd be happy picking up Hrabal.

I'm expecting us to take a goalie either at 31st or 37th since we didn't sign Dichow. It sort of feels like they have their eyes on someone in this draft class.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Gauthier for me even through I would trade that pick.

I'd prefer they trade the pick if they were gonna use it on Gauthier.

Brindley is BPA here IMO. Got him at 18.

Nah, nor is he the profile of someone they should be selecting in the first 3 rounds.

Why ? We need a partner for Hutson... A physical defensive stud in the first round is a steal.

There's plenty of guys in the draft that shoot right and can be drafted later who fit that profile. Not interested in using a premium pick on a guy who couldn't fart out more points playing premium minutes in the USHL.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I'd prefer they trade the pick if they were gonna use it on Gauthier.

Nah, nor is he the profile of someone they should be selecting in the first 3 rounds.

There's plenty of guys in the draft that shoot right and can be drafted later who fit that profile. Not interested in using a premium pick on a guy who couldn't fart out more points playing premium minutes in the USHL.
Brindley was buried and then became one of the best players in the NCAA in the second half IMO, I couldn't care less about what "profile" they should be selecting.

Montreal selecting to try to fit a certain profile has quite literally been the death of them every time they've done it since 2010.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Brindley was buried and then became one of the best players in the NCAA in the second half IMO, I couldn't care less about what "profile" they should be selecting.

Montreal selecting to try to fit a certain profile has quite literally been the death of them every time they've done it since 2010.

Yeah I wonder what changed.. couldn't be that they stuck him to Fantilli's hip for the second half of the NCAA season?

The last thing the Montreal Canadiens need to do is add a small winger without stand-out offensive tools. Players like Brindley don't really find a role they can fit in the NHL. Best case if he goes head to head against Farrell as a top 9 forward but loses out because Farrell is smarter and more skilled.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Yeah I wonder what changed.. couldn't be that they stuck him to Fantilli's hip for the second half of the NCAA season?

The last thing the Montreal Canadiens need to do is add a small winger without stand-out offensive tools. Players like Brindley don't really find a role they can fit in the NHL. Best case if he goes head to head against Farrell as a top 9 forward but loses out because Farrell is smarter and more skilled.
I'd say Brindley's skating, passing, and deception stand out quite a bit when I watch him. I prefer him quote a bit to Farrell.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd say Brindley's skating, passing, and deception stand out quite a bit when I watch him. I prefer him quote a bit to Farrell.

Farrell is a better passer and deceiver. Brindley does have the skating and motor, but scouts would have to be unequivocal on his ability to be in a top 6 and I don't think they are.. most teams just don't have energy line guys at the size Brindley is, it's not a profile that is particularly attractive that high up.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Farrell is a better passer and deceiver. Brindley does have the skating and motor, but scouts would have to be unequivocal on his ability to be in a top 6 and I don't think they are.. most teams just don't have energy line guys at the size Brindley is, it's not a profile that is particularly attractive that high up.
I'd say, at this pick, I feel more confident in Brindley's ability to be a top 6er than any goalie in this drafts ability to be a consistent starting goalie. I think the probability of getting a starting goalie later in the draft is orders of magnitude higher than getting a top 6er later in the draft.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd say, at this pick, I feel more confident in Brindley's ability to be a top 6er than any goalie in this drafts ability to be a consistent starting goalie. I think the probability of getting a starting goalie later in the draft is orders of magnitude higher than getting a top 6er later in the draft.

If you're looking for a top 6er swing at this point of the draft.. Sawchyn and Ziemmer are probably the two best bets.

Sawchyn is undeniably highly skilled but buried on a very very deep team and then was hurt during the play-offs.

Ziemmer is an offensive beast in his league and has skating concerns, but that is the exact type of profile Jason Robertson had coming out.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
If you're looking for a top 6er swing at this point of the draft.. Sawchyn and Ziemmer are probably the two best bets.

Sawchyn is undeniably highly skilled but buried on a very very deep team and then was hurt during the play-offs.

Ziemmer is an offensive beast in his league and has skating concerns, but that is the exact type of profile Jason Robertson had coming out.
I like Sawchyn a lot (24), he would actually be my 2nd pick at this spot and I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see him end up on a Robert Thomas trajectory (who I was praying to fall to Montreal in 2017).

Ziemmer I like as well and certainly wouldn't be mad at, he's 33 on my board.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

pickles555

Jun 5, 2023
Going by this organizations past,

We will pick whoever is likely to be a bust, and never play an NHL game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad