Confirmed with Link: [TBL/LAK] Lightning trade Tanner Jeannot for 2025 2nd and 2024 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'm a Jeannot fan, sucks to see him go without getting some redemption, but I get it.

I think it says something about BriseBois too, I didn't peg him as the type to cut his losses like that. Let's see how the trade tree looks in a few years.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Overpay at the TDL aside, I never really seen much out of him to think he'd be anything more than a bottom 4 enforcer. Got the exact same thing out of Chaffee except for the pugilism.

Different player than his 1st year in Nashville.
I think he'll "rebound" in the west and with LA. He just wasn't a fit here. We moved the heavy game and were left with him. Just didn't mesh at all. The pressure of going for 5 picks and high expectations probably didn't help at all.

I'm happy with the trade. Glad to see Brisebois hasn't lost the plot in all this.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think he'll "rebound" in the west and with LA. He just wasn't a fit here. We moved the heavy game and were left with him. Just didn't mesh at all. The pressure of going for 5 picks and high expectations probably didn't help at all.

I'm happy with the trade. Glad to see Brisebois hasn't lost the plot in all this.

Perhaps. I just watch the 20g Jeannot season replay on youtube and it's like, "who the f*** is this guy?"

Guy was a bull in a china shop, here he seemed completely lost. Maybe injuries? IDK. He had the look of an up and coming power forward at one point.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Different player than his 1st year in Nashville.
I think rather than thinking why he wasn't that player here, we should ask why he was that player for one year. Remember he already had 50-something games in Nashville after that season with very poor production.

Imo, until proven otherwise, he's a 4th liner who had an insane fluke season.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think rather than thinking why he wasn't that player here, we should ask why he was that player for one year. Remember he already had 50-something games in Nashville after that season with very poor production.

There was a very good article that I can no longer find that explained what changed. His 20g season in Nashville he simply played more around the net, afterwards he stopped going to the net. The heat map was telling. To do that in two different systems makes me think that is more of the player than what he's being told to do.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Perhaps. I just watch the 20g Jeannot season replay on youtube and it's like, "who the f*** is this guy?"

Guy was a bull in a china shop, here he seemed completely lost. Maybe injuries? IDK. He had the look of an up and coming power forward at one point.
Like the Finnish flash said above, he probably had an outlier season. Something to prove, right place right time. He's a commodity because he potted 20. When you look at those goals, he stole XP from Pavelski for tip ins and hit some Killorn wristers from afar. I think he'll settle at a 10 goal guy that brings the pain and not much else. His skating can't be masked. He has to learn how to use those stone hands on the boards.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013

his juniors point totals were

5, 33, 52, 80

everything about his career before and after that season showed the type of player he was

i'll just never understand how smart people can be so wrong

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Ya I don’t get it he had absolutely no scoring touch here could fight and hit and that’s it

Reactions: Outl4w

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't think Jeannot just fit here. Not saying he's going to go back to his 20g season play but Cooper just didn't know how to deploy him. This trade is what we should have paid but he was under control for a few seasons and Nashville had no need to move him without an overpay. Nashville traded a 1st for Ryan Hartman years ago and he sucked there and moved around for a couple of years then went to Minnesota and put up a 30 and 20 goal season. Not saying Jeannot will do that but he could get back on track somewhere else and I hope he does. We are now soft as baby shit and need to bring in someone who can hit.

Reactions: Outl4w

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Screen Shot 06-29-24 at 04.02 PM.JPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad