Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CAR] Lightning trade 2025 3rd for Jake Guentzel

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
Has anyone even considered the possibility that Stamkos could eventually accept the $3M AAV deal to stay? I know it sounds insane but if Cup contenders only offer him around $5M AAV and many of them have state taxes, he might just want to stay. Crazier things have happened.
I feel like 5 is still a very fair price and maybe even a discount for him. I wonder if that's what he's actually looking for or if it's higher than what's being reported. I feel if it was only 5 a deal would have been done already. A 40 goal scorer is still going to get more than 5m in free agency easily.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Has anyone even considered the possibility that Stamkos could eventually accept the $3M AAV deal to stay? I know it sounds insane but if Cup contenders only offer him around $5M AAV and many of them have state taxes, he might just want to stay. Crazier things have happened.

Of course they haven’t thought. Too busy screaming about 40 goals and disrespect.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
lol, Just can't stop disrespecting Stamkos.
About to extend Sheary before helping Stamkos on the next bus outta town

Calling it now, JBB wanted to get Guentzel before he made his final pitch to Stamkos.

We are going to hear all three guys(Hedman) signed tomorrow. Book it
Hedman, Guentzel and a Sheary extension? Betttttt

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
These past couple of days have gotten me excited for the future of the Bolts. Yes, these bold moves may not end up working out, but I love that JBB is making big, smart moves and shaking things up. Last season was f***ing painful to watch at times. I'm excited to see what some new blood will do.

From an emotional point of view, I'd love to sign Stamkos forever. When I first started watching hockey in 2011, he was a big part of what got me to love the game. But I don't want TBL to fall into the trap of signing players for nostalgia and then getting mired in mediocrity for years. I hope he tests free agency and decides to re-sign here anyway, just like the last time. But if not, then I wish him the absolute best with his career and look forward to seeing his jersey retired in the future.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
These past couple of days have gotten me excited for the future of the Bolts. Yes, these bold moves may not end up working out, but I love that JBB is making big, smart moves and shaking things up. Last season was f***ing painful to watch at times. I'm excited to see what some new blood will do.

From an emotional point of view, I'd love to sign Stamkos forever. When I first started watching hockey in 2011, he was a big part of what got me to love the game. But I don't want TBL to fall into the trap of signing players for nostalgia and then getting mired in mediocrity for years. I hope he tests free agency and decides to re-sign here anyway, just like the last time. But if not, then I wish him the absolute best with his career and look forward to seeing his jersey retired in the future.
I think what's so upsetting about the situation is, because of the rumored price on the contract, it's not just nostalgia. It's a better player than we could hope to get for the price offered.

I'm hoping what's actually been going on is Guentzel has been JBB's priority #1, and he couldn't make Stamkos a real offer without sorting that out. Thus the trade.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm not convinced we don't use Guentzel to bolster the 2nd line. Hagel was great on the top line.

He was, but IMO that's because Hagel is actually effective 5v5 where Stamkos is not and diminished that line. Guentzel has the speed and creativity to keep up with Point and Kucherov.

Hagel-Cirelli are also incredibly effective together.

Where does that leave Stamkos? He may be a third liner come next season if he stays here.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He was, but IMO that's because Hagel is actually effective 5v5 where Stamkos is not. Guentzel has the speed and creativity to keep up with Point and Kucherov.

Hagel-Cirelli are also incredibly effective together.
I mean, Hagel was one of the better 5v5 scorers in the league. I don't know that we take him off the top line. I'm just hoping we wind up with two lines that can actually score for the first time since Filppula-Callahan

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I mean, Hagel was one of the better 5v5 scorers in the league. I don't know that we take him off the top line. I'm just hoping we wind up with two lines that can actually score for the first time since Filppula-Callahan

May be something that needs to play out in camp, who knows who Guentzel has chemistry with

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
May be something that needs to play out in camp, who knows who Guentzel has chemistry with
Yeah, that's closer to what I mean. I'm not convinced Guentzel will be on the top line because it's not a given he will have better chemistry with them than Hagel. To me, it's whoever's clicking best. If we've got two (please, JBB) 40 goal-scorers on line 2, I'm not mad at it.

Reactions: Rschmitz

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Have you not been following the Stamkos signing saga since last offseason?

Yes, Stamkos isn't going to leave millions on the table for the sake of the team winning a cup while the GM is paying top dollar to everyone else. That's disrespect to a future HOFer and face of your franchise.
So how do you give him a contract when you have no cap space and a roster to build? You really believe that Lightning are making these moves and not talking to his camp?

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
So how do you give him a contract when you have no cap space and a roster to build? You really believe that Lightning are making these moves and not talking to his camp?

We currently have 16.5 million in cap space.

Why would Bresbois be reporting to Stamkos and his agent about the moves they are making? No, I don't think they are informing him, this is what a break up looks like.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I mean, we're hopeful, but everything JBB is saying would lead you to believe that that's exactly the case. We're basically hoping he's lying.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00