Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CAR] Lightning trade 2025 3rd for Jake Guentzel

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe there are some "moving pieces" out of town still like Sheary or even Cirelli or Perbix.
I don't think we are moving Cirelli, nor do I think we can. At least not without some major replacement already lined up. Nothing about UFAs are certain. Sergachev was an obvious move; Cirelli just makes too much money. But he's not easy to replace.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's going to ask BriseBois for a commemorative pen to sign that epic contract.

Still holding out hope that keeping Stamkos remains a real possibility...
I don't think we would trade a 3rd for Guentzel if we hadn't, well, tampered enough to know we could get him signed. We're trying to get cost certainty, which is definitely about "more" moves. Let's just hope one of them is Stamkos. Seems like Guentzel is top priority, and that makes sense. But now let's see what he does with the leftover cap.

JBB offering a can of dog food and the DVD Box Set of Malcom in the Middle so far. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Outl4w

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL

Imagine if we got Geuntzel signed, Stamkos resigned, Hedman resigns to save a few million, and add some nastiness back in the bottom 6 tomorrow.
Geuntzel Point Kucherov
Stamkos Cirelli Hagel
x- Paul -Essymont
X-Glendenning-Motte
extra Chaffee
I wouldn't mid going after Martinook, Raddysh, or another gritty bottom 6 player on the cheap.
Extras -Gonglaves, ahl call up
Defense
Hedman Raddysh
McD Cernak
Moser Perbix
extra- Lilleberg/Crozier

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Imagine if we got Geuntzel signed, Stamkos resigned, Hedman resigns to save a few million, and add some nastiness back in the bottom 6 tomorrow.
Geuntzel Point Kucherov
Stamkos Cirelli Hagel
x- Paul -Essymont
X-Glendenning-Motte
extra Chaffee
I wouldn't mid going after Martinook, Raddysh, or another gritty bottom 6 player on the cheap.
Extras -Gonglaves, ahl call up
Defense
Hedman Raddysh
McD Cernak
Moser Perbix
extra- Lilleberg/Crozier
I wonder if Stamkos could still play C. I would much rather see Point - Stamkos - Cirelli down the middle. Cirelli at 2C just feels like a roster hole, especially if we're not rocking the league's best 3rd line behind him.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
I mean, we're hopeful, but everything JBB is saying would lead you to believe that that's exactly the case. We're basically hoping he's lying.
I don't know, the moves indicate something because big. Does just Guntzle move the needle? I think it is Guntzle and Stamkos and one more O minded D-man.

Anybody have an idea of who in minors could be pushing for ice time?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I wonder if Stamkos could still play C. I would much rather see Point - Stamkos - Cirelli down the middle. Cirelli at 2C just feels like a roster hole, especially if we're not rocking the league's best 3rd line behind him.
I would like that but we would need to sign a solid top 9 forward to slide with Cirelli on the third.
Geuntzel Point Kucherov
Paul Stamkos Hagel
Martinook- Cirelli-Essymont
X-Glendenning-Motte
Something like that would be nice.
Maybe sign someone like Raddysh or a top 6 player needing to provet themself and slide paul down a line.
Geuntzel Point Kucherov
Hagel Stamkos x -sign a budget top 9 forward similar to Duclair style 20-20 player
Paul- Cirelli-Essymont
X-Glendenning-Motte

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I don't know, the moves indicate something because big. Does just Guntzle move the needle? I think it is Guntzle and Stamkos and one more O minded D-man.

Moser is solid offensively honestly. I watched his highlights. He is better than I thought on a bad team. HE isn't flashy, is sneaky at using hockey iq and skill to move the puck, doesn't make tons of mistakes it seems, and is just queitly steady. He might be our 3rd best defenseman.

Reactions: RMF5630

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
We currently have 16.5 million in cap space.

Why would Bresbois be reporting to Stamkos and his agent about the moves they are making? No, I don't think they are informing him, this is what a break up looks like.
Don't think so. I think he puts together a team Stamkos is willing to sign. If we stayed pat, than I would agree.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
If you were to numerically rank every player in the NHL - let's keep it to just forwards. Let's say: 1) McDavid 2) Kucherov 3) MacKinnon etc. What number would Guentzel be?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

The farm is not good. Among the driest systems in the league.

I mean, adding Guentzel feels great. Replacing Stamkos with Guentzel... it moves the needle, but not as much as we need to.

I would like to see us bring back stamkos on a super friendly deal, and then go after either a solid RD or another winger.

If you were to numerically rank every player in the NHL - let's keep it to just forwards. Let's say: 1) McDavid 2) Kucherov 3) MacKinnon etc. What number would Guentzel be?
50s?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Last 3 scoring finishes amongst forwards:
28th (2024)
48th (2023)
23rd (2022)

I think somewhere in the 30s or early 40s is fair given position.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Top 20

Last 3 scoring finishes amongst forwards:
28th (2024)
48th (2023)
23rd (2022)

I think somewhere in the 30s or early 40s is fair given position.

He missed 15 games last year, projects to about ~95 points and top 15 in scoring when healthy

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
You have no choice you over pay Jake or he tells JBB ok nope I’ll test the market tomorrow and someone will pay me is what it is
This is either going to be awesome or holy hell. This guy is about to be paid close to what one of the top 3 forwards in the league makes.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00