Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CAR] Lightning trade 2025 3rd for Jake Guentzel

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
If that was the case, why wouldn't Guentzel just wait until Tomorrow to see what comes in? It doesn't factually change anything aside from giving up a 3rd for 24 hours with no other benefit aside from 24 hours.
My bet, is Jake wants to win and be someplace he can stay and his family like. TPA/St Pete, is a destination location. Utah, is cold and has taxes... How long can you look at the pretty mountain?

Reactions: DaBolts

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Gimme a break. The guy is a professional athlete who has had 16 years of steady employment and $100M+ career earnings on a team that produced 2 Cups (one basically without him) and ran into cap issues that are somewhat inevitable when you're at the top. It's JBB's job to ice a competitive team, not give out handouts. You can't just write Stammer a blank check purely bc of loyalty when you have a handful of other roster spots to fill in the off-season.

JBB did what he had to do to reload for next season, and, if that meant having to tell Stammer he had to wait on his contract to see how everything played out, so be it.

I would love to see Stammer back, but this is a business, and JBB knows damn well that more fans value winning and losing than "doing the right" thing...despite the virtue signaling.
If you don’t think the vast majority of casual fans aren’t going to be up in arms if they let stammer walk, boy do I have some ocean front property to sell you in Arizona

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
It will be 7x$9.25 million AAV or higher at a minimum if he signs with Tampa. This will be Guentzel's last big contract and the Canes offered 8x$8 which was Guentzel's original ask.

So he is going to want to maximize the value. Would not be shocked if he gets 7 x $9.5 or even $10. When you are the top free agent and you get to market, you usually get a little overpaid.

Yup, I think this is right around what we sign him for. And we use the remaining ~$7M to round out our bottom 6, which is pretty meh right now. Re-signing Stammer pretty much kills our depth.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
My bet, is Jake wants to win and be someplace he can stay and his family like. TPA/St Pete, is a destination location. Utah, is cold and has taxes... How long can you look at the pretty mountain?
I live in Vancouver, so my whole life. I am not going to lie, its awesome to look at every day. When I travel, it weirds me out that I don't see mountains. I can't tell you how many drunken nights I had in my whippersnapper days, where I made it home simply by knowing the direction to walk because I could figure out my location just by looking at the mountains.

Reactions: RMF5630

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Yea, can't believe the Bolts had to fold after Marty and Vinny left bc of the fan backlash...
Marty isn't a comparable - he angered alot of the fanbase initially by demanding the trade out. He wanted out not that the team was trying to move him.

Vinny is a better comparison (I was certainly crushed to see him moved) but at least could understand it was for a large contract the team couldn't afford that the new team leadership didn't sign him to.

But Vinny was certainly someone who loved the organization and city like Stamkos.

By all accounts right now, the Lightning are treating Stamkos poorly and it very well could have been handled better.

Still holding out hope.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Someone said 10 mil?? That’s more than what we pay the guy who scored the most points in the league.

Side note, hf is like. Unreadable and unpostable these days, wtf is with the pop ups and reloading bullshit every two seconds

There's no way a guy who hasn't been close to a 100 pt season is getting 10 mil.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Wonder if this gets done or if we just wasted a pick. I guess a lot of times they don't get close to the kind of player Jake is and that's why you do this. A 3rd is a lot for this right?
Tampa probably wasn't the only team trying to get Guentzel's rights. Van wants him bad as well

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Marty isn't a comparable - he angered alot of the fanbase initially by demanding the trade out. He wanted out not that the team was trying to move him.

Vinny is a better comparison (I was certainly crushed to see him moved) but at least could understand it was for a large contract the team couldn't afford that the new team leadership didn't sign him to.

But Vinny was certainly someone who loved the organization and city like Stamkos.

By all accounts right now, the Lightning are treating Stamkos poorly and it very well could have been handled better.

Still holding out hope.

Don’t speak logic here, We don’t do that here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad