Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CAR] Lightning trade 2025 3rd for Jake Guentzel

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
With it seeming more likely that Stamkos is gone, can't risk losing out on another potential top 6 player. 3rd rd makes it seem like something is in place at the very least.

JBB didn't want anothet Hanafin situation, someone could swoop in and offer something dumb tomorrow and were left with no Jake or Steven.

I also wonder if this gets done quick JBB will know what he has left and HOPEFULLY circles back to Stammer

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I personally hate these deals. Yeah we get exclusive negotiation rights, but the player has zero incentive not to go to market anyways unless he thinks you're going to offer the best deal.

To me GM's that do this simply don't trust their persuasion ability with someone else in the room, and in fact add extra pressure on themselves to make a deal happen since now there is sunken cost.

Regardless, I'm warming up to the idea of Guentzel. He's going to be a monster on our top line, this also pushes Hagel down to play with Cirelli.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Excited to see what Guentzel can do with Point and Kucherov.

Concerned how the PP will do without Stamkos in his office, presuming he walks in UFA.

I'm curious to see how Stamkos does on the PP if he doesn't have Kuch/Point/Hedman on the ice with him. His biggest value to us is his PP numbers, but I doubt he's going to replicate that with other teams.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
If we don't re-sign Stammer then we basically replaced him with a guy who is a slight downgrade in the regular season, a noticeable upgrade in the playoffs, especially even strength, and almost 5 years younger.

As solid as Stammer has been the last couple years, this is a no brainer, especially with the uncertainty of him testing FA...granted that was a self-inflicted (JBB-wise) decision, but it is what it is now.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
If that was the case, why wouldn't Guentzel just wait until Tomorrow to see what comes in? It doesn't factually change anything aside from giving up a 3rd for 24 hours with no other benefit aside from 24 hours.
Perhaps he wants to play on a playoff team first and foremost, but who would turn down 11mil! He's happy to sign with Tampa but if teams start dragging yheir feet he'd just take the highest bid. Idk. It's an aggressive move to make up for the Stammer loss in our top 6. We couldn't go down 2 top 6 players again

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I just realized that Guentzel and Crosby were able to make Sheary a serviceable player on their line for the Pens.

Maybe JBB masterminding the catalysis for unlocking Sheary?
Lol jk trade his ass

7x7.5 hmmmmm????

I am happy with that. Welcome to Tampa Guentzel

Now sign Stamkos please please please
I wish that was the number, but it's probably be at least 1M higher

• Wow
Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad