Speculation: Taylor Hall for Seth Jones

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
A few months prior to all of the trades, it was rumoured that EDM was offering Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for Seth Jones. This was shot down quickly though, since there was not enough value on EDM's side.

Given the recent trades, do you think Taylor Hall was ever offered for Jones straight up? And if so, would that have been enough?

Batrous

May 4, 2016
I'd probably say no given seth jones looks like he will be at the very least a top line d man and Hall seems like a top line winger. Plus moving Jones for the Blue Jackets would be another step back for their franchise and I don't see them having as much of a need for a top line winger then a top line centre. D man and Centres that can play on your top line are very hard to get. Wingers are easier to do without or replace.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Well, I think you need to consider that RNH is a center. The player Seth Jones was traded for, Ryan Johansen, is a center.

Hall is an extremely talented winger, but he's a winger. If Nashville was focusing on adding a center, it's entirely plausible that Hall was never discussed, or he was brought up and immediately rejected. That wouldn't necessarily be a value issue, but it's still an issue.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nashville was never going to trade Jones for someone who wasn't a number one center or had the potential to be one very soon. Hall was never on the radar at all.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Nashville was only going to use Jones to land a 1C.

No clue if Hall would've been offered at the time or if missing out on Jones and struggling to make a deal for any other potential top pairing RHD would've led Edmonton to finally make Hall available for Larsson.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
A few months prior to all of the trades, it was rumoured that EDM was offering Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for Seth Jones. This was shot down quickly though, since there was not enough value on EDM's side.

Given the recent trades, do you think Taylor Hall was ever offered for Jones straight up? And if so, would that have been enough?

Lebrun claimed that the Nuge-Jones offer was never made, so that's one thing.

I think it was pretty obvious that Nashville was looking for a centre though, so I don't know if the Hall discussion was had or not, but they likely still would have taken Johanssen.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

No

And Nashville was looking for a C

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
to be fair, NJD also needed a 1C.

Nowhere to the degree that Nashville did.

The Preds have had a lot of playoff appearances with little success and are very much in a win-now mode. A top center has been a big hole on this team for a long time. They needed one immediately.

The Devils are patiently building a good team. They can get by with Henrique and Zajac as their top 2 C's for now knowing that Zacha, McLeod and/or Quenneville may be able to step into that role as the team (hopefully) is built into a Cup contender.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Lebrun claimed that the Nuge-Jones offer was never made, so that's one thing.

I think it was pretty obvious that Nashville was looking for a centre though, so I don't know if the Hall discussion was had or not, but they likely still would have taken Johanssen.

Whether Nuge was offered for Jones one thing we can all be quite sure of,Nuge would never have gotten Jones and since Nashville was looking for a center i can't see them accepting Hall for him either.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

center was the key

a 6-3 center is what was wanted

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Whether Nuge was offered for Jones one thing we can all be quite sure of,Nuge would never have gotten Jones and since Nashville was looking for a center i can't see them accepting Hall for him either.

What? This makes no sense what so ever.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Nashville was in a rare position that they could trade trade Jones for a no. 1 C and still have one of the best top 4 D core in the league. Then to trade Weber for the younger Subban.

They got younger and have a 1 C and 1 D.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
There were only three players the Oilers had who Poile would've wanted for Jones, and Hall was not one of them. One of them would've caused immense laughter, and probably a sanity check. Another wasn't proven enough, and the third, if ever offered, was beaten by Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad