Seravalli: Tatar to the Leafs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Danault line wasn't shutting anything down until Tatar was removed from there. He's just not good when the physicality makes its appearance. He wants to get it off his stick fast and avoid the hit.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
atleast they have cups

posts like these read too much like video games, and until this team realizes that 'bottom' six is equally important as your 'top six' they have nothing

they keep letting players go that actually mean something when they go somewhere else and are used properly
Tyler Bozak (tavares screwed so much depth up)
Matt Martin
Leo Komarov
Connor Brown
now
Zach Hyman

for anyone not to see how badly Tavares has screwed this franchise's trajectory especially now, well i don't know what to say..
Losing Bozak wasn't a big loss at all. Martin? No big deal. Komarov was played correctly here, wouldn't have minded keeping him.

Brown was never good enough for the top line here, let alone the 2nd, he's being gifted minutes in Ottawa.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm going to say this isn't going to happen now that they have signed Nick Ritchie unless Mikyehev and/or Engvall are on the way out and somebody is.

Because as of now at LW you have in no particular order.

Kase
Ritchie
Bunting
Mikyehev
Robertson

Robertson is expected to make this team baring injury so that's 5 LW and 4 spots

Mikyehev is to good for line 4, Robertson might be too.

Somebody has to go

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I'm going to say this isn't going to happen now that they have signed Nick Ritchie unless Mikyehev and/or Engvall are on the way out and somebody is.

Kase
Ritchie
Bunting
Mikyehev
Robertson

Robertson is expected to make this team baring injury so that's 5 LW and 4 spots

Somebody has to go

Kase is RW no? I still do think we need a top 6 LW still though unless there hoping Robertson can play with Matthews and Marner.

I'm not high on Tatar either, but for cost, he might be the best option. If he was expected to shut down with Danault in Montreal, he won't be asked to do that here.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Kase is RW no? I still do think we need a top 6 LW still though unless there hoping Robertson can play with Matthews and Marner.

I'm not high on Tatar either, but for cost, he might be the best option. If he was expected to shut down with Danault in Montreal, he won't be asked to do that here.

If you go to the Leafs roster page on capfriendly Kase is listed as LW

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa

Kase
Ritchie
Bunting
Mikyehev
Robertson

Somebody has to go

(Regular season) Tatar is better than all of those guys. I don’t think at this stage he will be signed, though

I think we could see Mikheyev move. He’s not the same player that he looked to be before his hand injury. He has no puck handling abilities anymore and cannot shoot. Love his speed and energy and he’s a great 4th line player - but the dance around the cap this team needs to continue doing might render him replaceable

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
The reason you made it to the finals is injured and Kerfoot would be your second-line center.
The Habs suck and the only reason they even made it that far was on the back of Price and the likes of Weber and some incredibly good luck.
They may have been the worst offensive team since the dead puck era and still Tatar couldn't crack the lineup. Ritchie who is worse makes it moot now I guess.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The Habs suck and the only reason they even made it that far was on the back of Price and the likes of Weber and some incredibly good luck.
They may have been the worst offensive team since the dead puck era and still Tatar couldn't crack the lineup. Ritchie who is worse makes it moot now I guess.

That is an opinion for sure. I'll guess we'll have to see if your theory is true and if the Leafs can be better than the Habs this year now that your team has the depth of a mud puddle.

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
When a team wants Tatar, it means that you have no depth at scoring forward. Leafs = one offensive line aka Edmonton of the East
We literally have Matthews-Marner and Tavares-Nylander, two scoring lines and did fine in the REGULAR season with their production. Not to say we aren't a top 6 only team, but to claim we're a one line team then your way off.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
he could sign a one year deal like Hall and try to up his stats and look for bigger contract. but actually produce unlike Hall :laugh:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
We literally have Matthews-Marner and Tavares-Nylander, two scoring lines and did fine in the REGULAR season with their production. Not to say we aren't a top 6 only team, but to claim we're a one line team then your way off.

1 1/3 rounds to 1. Perhaps they meant you are a 1 line team plus Tavares but they play in two lines?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
after ritchie, the leafs are now like close to 2 mill over cap, and need to shed salary. so how are they signing Tatar?

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
1 1/3 rounds to 1. Perhaps they meant you are a 1 line team plus Tavares but they play in two lines?
How many teams can you use that same premise under? Lol you can't just move players around the lineup to prove a point, look at the actuay distribution of talent and usage then make that call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad