Value of: Tanner Pearson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Pretty big assumption that he'll even be healthy. He had what , 7-8 surgeries on his hand last year and it's the same one that's injured now. I imagine Montreal will just ride out his contract.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
5th or 6th with retention, probably can't be moved unless we fail to find a more valuable use out of the last retention slot, which would be a shame

Reactions: Nevins and pth2

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I expect he is barely worth anything, and if 3d party retention is used to make him tradeable, that eats up most of his value.

I really hope Montreal doesn't use it's last retention slot trying to get something for him.
----‐-------

Oh, but as aHabs fan I have to say I expect a first for him, right? /s

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
What does a healthy tanner pearson bring at the deadline? 4th ? 3rd with retention? 3rd with salary takeback?
Love how Canucks finessed their way into trading Tanner to Habs. Getting DeSmith is basically a huge win for a 2025 3rd round pick. Dumping Tanner with it is just so genius. Alvin is playing 5D chess while other GMs are playing checkers.

Last edited:

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Love how Canucks finessed their way into trading Tanner to Habs. Getting DeSmith is basically a huge win for a 2025 3rd round pick. Dumping Tanner with it is just so genius. Alvin is playing 5D chess while other GMs are playing checkers.
It was a solid trade for both teams. Montréal got a good middle 6 forward and dumped the goalie tht was essentially 4th on the depth chart. Vancouver got a reliable backup in exchange for a forward they had no room for. Not sure why you feel the need to make it seem like Vancouver fleeced Montréal when in reality it was the very definition of a hockey trade that was good for both teams.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
It was a solid trade for both teams. Montréal got a good middle 6 forward and dumped the goalie tht was essentially 4th on the depth chart. Vancouver got a reliable backup in exchange for a forward they had no room for. Not sure why you feel the need to make it seem like Vancouver fleeced Montréal when in reality it was the very definition of a hockey trade that was good for both teams.
Some people don't realize that trades aren't a zero sum game where one team winning means another team losing.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Love how the habs traded a guy they were going to waive and lose for nothing within a week and got a 3rd rounder for him. The habs weren’t going to use the cap space anyways, so Pearsons expiring contract isn’t a burden in the least. It’s called a win/win deal.

As for Pearson, he likely has near zero value.

Reactions: YP44

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Given how few games he has played in the last two seasons and the uncertainty of how many he may play in the future due to his wrist—his value is probably nothing more than an AHL player so a contract slot goes back the other way at the deadline.

Wish him the best, given that he is already at the full NHL pension he is probably ready for retirement.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
He makes 3.25 million this year and is a UFA at seasons end. He has 4 goals and 4 assists in 27 games played. Even if he was healthy he would have minimal value.

The only way he gets traded is for a cap dump on an existing contract in return. Habs send out 3.25 million and take extra in plus a pick. It would clear some cap space for another team and add in a fourth liner depth player. I wouldn’t expect that pick to be much though.

My assumption is that no one wants him and he retired after this season.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
He makes 3.25 million this year and is a UFA at seasons end. He has 4 goals and 4 assists in 27 games played. Even if he was healthy he would have minimal value.

The only way he gets traded is for a cap dump on an existing contract in return. Habs send out 3.25 million and take extra in plus a pick. It would clear some cap space for another team and add in a fourth liner depth player. I wouldn’t expect that pick to be much though.

My assumption is that no one wants him and he retired after this season.
Meh. If healthy, it's not impossible a team with many injuries looking for some NHL depth without any kind of a salary commitment beyond this season might want him. They wouldn't aant to give anything of value for him, of course, but he could be serviceable for many.

Pearson + 7th for a 5th ?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
unfortunately for him and montreal, i think no playoff team is going to touch him with his recent injury history.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
A 6th with max retention I would think, maaaaaybe a 5th if he shows a good run of play up to the TDL. Contenders have better options for veteran pickups.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
0 value. Habs have so many injuries at forward, he'll probably finish the year here. With 22 picks in the next 2 drafts, I suspect they just keep him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad