Value of: Tanner Jeannot

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
A lot! He's been a fan favorite since day one, too 5 in hits and 1st in rookie goals for the longest time. No reason to move him barring stupid overpayment.

Reactions: Viqsi

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, you might as well put him down as "unavailable". The level of payment it would take to get him would make your head explode and no NHL GM would be able to justify doing that to their own fans.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
What does Nashville's top 6 look like next year?
Forsberg, Duchene, Granlund, Johansen are set in stone. The other two would just kinda depend. To me, Tolvanen and Tomasino would be the right choices to play with Johansen.

But really, I don't think the Nashville forward group has a stereotypical "top 6" anymore. Jeannot's line is just as good as the so-called "2nd line", and having him there helps make that so. I wouldn't be in any rush to put him on a different line that some folks might label the "2nd line". It's an option, but so far it has worked out better for us keeping that hard-hitting line with Jeannot, Trenin, and Sissons together. You get on a bit of a losing streak and everybody is going to have some ideas how to shake things up, so I'm sure the ideas are about to start churning again. I don't think we're losing out by having Jeannot stay right where he is.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Forsberg, Duchene, Granlund, Johansen are set in stone. The other two would just kinda depend. To me, Tolvanen and Tomasino would be the right choices to play with Johansen.

But really, I don't think the Nashville forward group has a stereotypical "top 6" anymore. Jeannot's line is just as good as the so-called "2nd line", and having him there helps make that so. I wouldn't be in any rush to put him on a different line that some folks might label the "2nd line". It's an option, but so far it has worked out better for us keeping that hard-hitting line with Jeannot, Trenin, and Sissons together. You get on a bit of a losing streak and everybody is going to have some ideas how to shake things up, so I'm sure the ideas are about to start churning again. I don't think we're losing out by having Jeannot stay right where he is.
No Kunin?

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Why would the Preds trade him? Only way he gets traded is for a massive overpayment which I doubt any teams would do.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
BROCK BOESER

I would work on a deal involving Boeser and Jeannot. I don't know much about Jeannot, but every game I see of him, he's played great. An Energetic, combatant, with good hands. Jeannot is a gamer. It's highly unlikely that Nashville would trade him, but if he were to be available, Then I really hope the Canucks are picking up the phone and calling right now, he is exactly the type of player the Canucks need.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Not trading jeannot at all. He’s exactly the type of player hynes wants on his team. I just wish he got more power play time. He would have more than 14 goal if he did.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
upload_2022-2-16_23-9-46.jpeg

Reactions: Viqsi and Vino

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Yeah Jeannot isn't going anywhere. UDFA, works his tail off, can fight like an enforcer and is on a 25+ goal pace while only taking d-zone faceoffs. Not going anywhere and will be in the top 6 permanently soon. He's our (clean) Tom Wilson.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Nashville doesn’t trade him unless you offer ridiculous overpayment. He checks all the boxes of what we need

big and physical
Good shot
Gives 100% every game
A physical fitness beast
Young
Still room to grow

you want him you have to offer something that can’t be said no to

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nashville doesn’t trade him unless you offer ridiculous overpayment. He checks all the boxes of what we need

big and physical
Good shot
Gives 100% every game
A physical fitness beast
Young
Still room to grow

you want him you have to offer something that can’t be said no to

Yup, pretty much the player we wanted to see Hartnell grow into before we were forced to deal him and the player we always wanted Colin Wilson to be when we drafted him in the top 10. We've waited a long time for a good power forward type to come along.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I would work on a deal involving Boeser and Jeannot. I don't know much about Jeannot, but every game I see of him, he's played great. An Energetic, combatant, with good hands. Jeannot is a gamer. It's highly unlikely that Nashville would trade him, but if he were to be available, Then I really hope the Canucks are picking up the phone and calling right now, he is exactly the type of player the Canucks need.
Save yourself the effort. Boeser is not even a starting point in a trade for Jeannot. Jeannot is already scoring just as much with far less opportunity. And then does everything else he does on top of that. There are entire teams out there that simply don't have a player we'd trade Jeannot for. Vancouver is probably one of those. There just isn't a fit to any need we have, even with your best players. This is why I say it would make most peoples' heads explode. Better to just walk away. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad