GDT: TankTown Express, Arriving Long Island!

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
tinytrains.gif

Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is your TankTown Express conductor here once again. After a rocky start to our journey into MSG last night our travels to the prized Holy Lands Bedard is still in our favor. And tonight we venture to the Long Island for a match-up against those pesky Islanders. Remember to keep all of your hopes and dreams inside the Train at all times.

Schenn-O'Reilly-Leivo
Kyrou-Thomas-Tarasenko
Saad-Barbashev-Bitten
Walker-Acciari-Pitlick

Leddy-Parayko
Rosen-Faulk
Mikkola-Bortuzzo

Griess

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The whole team might as well play drunk or stoned. They would look the same as when they play sober.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
After tonight there will only be 384 more Blues games with Torey Krug under contract.

For the remainder of his contract he averages a million real dollars every 11 games. $91K per game every game for the next five seasons.

Thank god he doesn't have a NMC or else the Blues would be stuck with this slow small guy.

Remember that hit he laid in the Final? Wow that was something! What a player.

Reactions: BlueKnight

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
After tonight there will only be 384 more Blues games with Torey Krug under contract.

For the remainder of his contract he averages a million real dollars every 11 games. $91K per game every game for the next five seasons.

Thank god he doesn't have a NMC or else the Blues would be stuck with this slow small guy.

Remember that hit he laid in the Final? Wow that was something! What a player.
Krug was quite good last year and his injury was one of reasons we lost to Avs (second biggest absence to binny). He has been bad this year, but seems to be playing hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is he playing hurt? It's a possible explanation, but has it been hinted at by any of the writers/reporters?

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Again hoping for some ROR/Tarasenko/Barbie goals and a loss to help the tank

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Is he playing hurt? It's a possible explanation, but has it been hinted at by any of the writers/reporters?
He missed a game due to an upper body injury two weeks ago. In his mailbag, JR listed krug as a top 5 underachiever on the team and his blurb about it was "If he’s playing hurt, that would explain it. He’s been beaten a lot and doesn’t look like himself when things are good." I don't recall if JR has speculated about it before that, but it was an unprompted comment that suggests that he suspects an injury of some type.

From my eye test, I agree that Krug has looked worse since returning from injury than he did earlier in the year. The results bear that out. He's -14 in the 7 games since.

Reactions: Blueston

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
He missed a game due to an upper body injury two weeks ago. In his mailbag, JR listed krug as a top 5 underachiever on the team and his blurb about it was "If he’s playing hurt, that would explain it. He’s been beaten a lot and doesn’t look like himself when things are good." I don't recall if JR has speculated about it before that, but it was an unprompted comment that suggests that he suspects an injury of some type.

From my eye test, I agree that Krug has looked worse since returning from injury than he did earlier in the year. The results bear that out. He's -14 in the 7 games since.
Should sit him in favor of Rosen.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The only problem with the injury explanation, he also had a -12 stretch over 6 games prior to a potential injury. He has been bad this season. Now it's possible he is hurt kind of like Schenn and Perron were in the past and once he gets health, he magically bounces back to last season form, but I'm not willing to bank on it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Watching games this year has gotten quite a bit less stressful than in years past. I truly don't care about the outcome. I'm just there for the entertainment. If the Blues win, sweet, the Blues won! If they lose, better draft position in a great draft. Go Blues either way I guess.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Watching games this year has gotten quite a bit less stressful than in years past. I truly don't care about the outcome. I'm just there for the entertainment. If the Blues win, sweet, the Blues won! If they lose, better draft position in a great draft. Go Blues either way I guess.
Expectations are great when you have no Expectations at all.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Such a crazy year. Astros brought WS home while the 3 other pro teams that I root for are all so bad that I am rooting for them to lose every game to get top pick. Texans look like they can do it, but while they both suck Rockets and Blures gonna need lottery luck regardless of how good they are at losing.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If we actually won the lottery, I think I would be more excited for that than any Blues win outside of 2019. More so than when we won to get EJ, because I don't remember him being viewed as highly as Bedard, and I didn't follow prospects as much then. It would be very cool to have a SUPERstar level talent on the team. I don't think it would happen, but it would be much more exciting than anything that could reasonably happen this year.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
If we actually won the lottery, I think I would be more excited for that than any Blues win outside of 2019. More so than when we won to get EJ, because I don't remember him being viewed as highly as Bedard, and I didn't follow prospects as much then. It would be very cool to have a SUPERstar level talent on the team. I don't think it would happen, but it would be much more exciting than anything that could reasonably happen this year.
I think we can get good draft position but likely we won't be bad enough to have have the highest lottery odds to draft #1 OA. But we can still get some good talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad