Tank Nation | 3 - Tanks a lot!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The big one right now is Winnipeg. Same GP, playing on the same day, and they'll be right behind us if they win and we lose.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
we need to focus on the teams near us.

Edmonton is a pipe dream at this point. If we lose a bunch in a row maybe we can start talking about catching the Oilers.

Toronto is the team we should focus on right now.

19 games left for both, 8 point difference.

Okay, who thinks we can lose 4 and they win 4? It's funny we lose any tiebreaker due to the amount of ROW we have.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Toronto is the team we should focus on right now.

19 games left for both, 8 point difference.

Okay, who thinks we can lose 4 and they win 4? It's funny we lose any tiebreaker due to the amount of ROW we have.

Not going to happen unless there is some sort of miracle. At best the Leafs can do 0.500 hockey. 9-9-1.

As bad as the Canucks are I don't see a 5-13-1 record bad.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
We are going to pick 6-8 unless if we win the lottery. Its pretty clear imo.

Most likely 7-8.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Not going to happen unless there is some sort of miracle. At best the Leafs can do 0.500 hockey. 9-9-1.

As bad as the Canucks are I don't see a 5-13-1 record bad.

I could see only getting 6-7 wins the rest of the way, but i don't see the Leafs doing anything resembling .500 hockey...management will make sure of that.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

Most likely 7-8.

I disagree. I see a very real possibility of us in the top 3. None of us know where we'll end up. But with 19 games left there's plenty of time to suck

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I could see only getting 6-7 wins the rest of the way, but i don't see the Leafs doing anything resembling .500 hockey...management will make sure of that.

Agreed. I see the leafs with a 5-13-1 record...that would put the Canucks at 1-17-1!

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Agreed. I see the leafs with a 5-13-1 record...that would put the Canucks at 1-17-1!

Given the absolute need for D, I see anything that gets a top six would be satisfying. Meaning they would have to be extremely unlucky to fall 2 or more spots, so a bottom 5 finish is what they want. If they win the lottery, great. If not, they're still going to get one of the top three forwards, the best two D or Tkachuk

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Well I believe the jackets will pass the Canucks in points and point percentage tonight. Progress....

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Most likely 7-8.

Let's hope it stays that way. Currently bottom 8 however if we don't win any lottery draws but some other team behinds it wins it, we will drop one spot.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Toronto, Edmonton, Winnipeg I have little to no hope of falling behind. Either the gap is too large or the team is trending the wrong way.

Columbus seems a decent bet to pass us, while Arizona, Buffalo, and Calgary are possibilities.

See it maybe going down this way:

- Losses next two games to SJ and LA putting us 5 games < .500.

- next 8 games after that are against fairly soft teams so I think we'll go around .500 over those games, leaving us still 5 games < .500.

Next 6 games after that are killer, meaning I think we again go 4-5 games under .500.

Final 3 games against Edm and Calgary I can see us winning 1 or 2.

That would leave us around 72-75 points and likely in a tight bunch with Arizona, CBJ, Buffalo, and Calgary for 4-8. Fortunately we "lose" most tiebreakers so I think 5-6 is maybe where we settle. Gives us both a decent shot to move up to top 3 and a decent shot to move down 1 spot. Don't see 2 teams behind us winning so I'd say that falling 1 is the probable Max.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Yeah, I don't think there's anyway we end up in the bottom 3. 4th last at the very best, but either way we have a very good shot with the lottery pick. Can't wait to bump TO ;)

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Im cautiously optimistic but lets not pretend the last 2 losses werent lucky. With empty net we almost scored in both games. I need to see more confident losses that show the team has given up. Otherwise i could easily see this squad winning 3 in a row and ruining everything. We need to lose 4 in a row now

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We have only 20 ROW's....that's 20 out of 63 games!...yikes, that's just so bad.......that's five ROW's worse than most of the teams around us in the standings....those damn loser points....clearly with that record we should be bottom three in the league. We deserve it.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
We have only 20 ROW's....that's 20 out of 63 games!...yikes, that's just so bad.......that's five ROW's worse than most of the teams around us in the standings....those damn loser points....clearly with that record we should be bottom three in the league. We deserve it.

Blame the Sedins

Miller is doing his part blaming every goal on the refs

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver

Well....no actually. We have an abnormally high amount of OTLs so we "should" be higher up if our team was average.

They've just been lucky enough to somehow get games to OT and lose them

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Well....no actually. We have an abnormally high amount of OTLs so we "should" be higher up if our team was average.

They've just been lucky enough to somehow get games to OT and lose them

ROW means regulation or Overtime wins... I think you missed his point.. If it wasn't for the overtime loser point we'd be bottom of the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad