Talk me off the ledge about Trevor Lawrence

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They made him the highest paid player at the time

How crippling is it for a franchise to give an average QB a ticket like that?
Just no way to get out of it without it destroying the org

Lawrence's contract is structured in a way where effectively the Jags are tied to him on average QB money for the next four years, and then there's two years where he'd get astronomic money but the Jags can cut him easily if they don't like his play and don't want to give it to him.

It's not nearly the contract that the APY makes it out to be and really not that crippling at all.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lawrence's contract is structured in a way where effectively the Jags are tied to him on average QB money for the next four years, and then there's two years where he'd get astronomic money but the Jags can cut him easily if they don't like his play and don't want to give it to him.

It's not nearly the contract that the APY makes it out to be and really not that crippling at all.

He has what 200M in total quarantees?

I’d call that crippling with their hopes of going anywhere soon

So they are stuck with average QB making elite money

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I don't think a lot of people realize how bad the team/situation are in Jacksonville right now.

Might be the worst situation/org to be in right now for a QB, I'd rather be on the Panthers, Giants

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
0-4, hasn't won a game since Thanksgiving of last year.

Again, he isn't playing for the most stable franchise but he isn't a rookie anymore and he plays like one.

Jaguars fans have to be frustrated. Not only is the supposed-to-be franchise savior not playing well, but CJ Stroud is tearing it up and plays in the same division, and also hasn't gotten his big boy contract yet.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
You could make an argument that he could be a good QB elsewhere, but I’d stand by the point that supposedly great QBs don’t lose this much regardless.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You could make an argument that he could be a good QB elsewhere, but I’d stand by the point that supposedly great QBs don’t lose this much regardless.

I mean he seems to miss every big throw by 10 yards, how is that on anyone else than him?

He’s completely out of sync

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I think he had a stretch where it looks like he was breaking out to become one of the premier QBs in the game. 2022 up until he had his 4th or so injury in 2023, he was up there as an arguably top 10 QB in the league.

But to come back healthy in year 4 and be so off? If you're a Jags fan, I think you just sit back and hope that a coaching change gets him back on track.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad