Talk me off the ledge about Trevor Lawrence

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They made him the highest paid player at the time

How crippling is it for a franchise to give an average QB a ticket like that?
Just no way to get out of it without it destroying the org

Lawrence's contract is structured in a way where effectively the Jags are tied to him on average QB money for the next four years, and then there's two years where he'd get astronomic money but the Jags can cut him easily if they don't like his play and don't want to give it to him.

It's not nearly the contract that the APY makes it out to be and really not that crippling at all.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lawrence's contract is structured in a way where effectively the Jags are tied to him on average QB money for the next four years, and then there's two years where he'd get astronomic money but the Jags can cut him easily if they don't like his play and don't want to give it to him.

It's not nearly the contract that the APY makes it out to be and really not that crippling at all.

He has what 200M in total quarantees?

I’d call that crippling with their hopes of going anywhere soon

So they are stuck with average QB making elite money

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I don't think a lot of people realize how bad the team/situation are in Jacksonville right now.

Might be the worst situation/org to be in right now for a QB, I'd rather be on the Panthers, Giants

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad