Table Hockey - Coleco Game room

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doanut

Jan 15, 2015
Hi All,

Is there many table hockey players in the crowd? I have recently purchased a Coleco Game room table from the early 70's. I am wanting to use it as a template to create a similar game using the 3D players.

Two things I was wondering if anybody has a Vancouver team from this set. I have been looking for a long time and I have never seen one. Any help would be appreciated

Also, does anybody have any experience building their own hockey table?

Here is a picture of the Coleco game room, it may bring back some memories.

View attachment 78757

Thanks!

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ :) Very cool. The one I had was the Eagle Toys model from the 50's.
There were no rods to move the players in lanes, strictly stationary but for the goalie.

ICM1970

Jan 29, 2012
Ottawa, ON
As a kid, I got one for an Xmas present that featured Montreal vs Vancouver (in their green, white, and blue uniforms). Had the Atlanta Flames, Colorado Rockies, and Cleveland Barons logos on the sides as well. At about that time as well we rescued the one my Dad had as a kid back in the 1950s with the metal Toronto and Montreal players from Grandma and Grandpa's barn:handclap:

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
That is awesome. I love the old table hockey games.

One I'm currently trying for is this one.

I have the Nords, Habs, oilers, Cabucks, Jets, North Stars, and Sabres so far.

7-10-hockey-game-e-bay1.jpg

I have this one below. Brother got it for me for Xmas a few years ago, and coincidentally just a couple weeks prior I purchased the North Stars off of ebay. Think it's from the late 60s.

_6652967.jpg

Also have the Wayne Gretzky one from the early 90s. Not really collecting that one, but I need my Stars.

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I have this one below. Brother got it for me for Xmas a few years ago, and coincidentally just a couple weeks prior I purchased the North Stars off of ebay. Think it's from the late 60s.

_6652967.jpg

Well now thats fun. Very cool. And for sure it's vintage 60's. 06 Teams featured on the sides & Scoreboard..... So, who cares if were grown men? :laugh:

ICM1970

Jan 29, 2012
Ottawa, ON
I was just looking at ebay concerning this and someone has Oakland Seals and Atlanta Flames players if you or anyone else here is interested.

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005

Oh man that takes me back. I had that Power Play Hockey set back in the early 80s. Came with Montreal vs. Toronto (didn't know you could get other teams!) and had the overhead score clock (which broke promptly). Played it to death.

Just bought my son a Stiga Stanley Cup game for Christmas (again, Montreal vs Toronto). He's only 5 so he's not quite got the hang of it, but soon there will be epic contests in my basement :).

DJ Man

Mar 23, 2009
Central Florida

_6652967.jpg

I had that one! Got a lot of use out of it.

I had the optional "plexiglass" panes to go behind the goals, but they broke easily, and my folks wouldn't spring for another set. Also the automatic red goal lights didn't always work.

I had all six teams, but was bothered when I had to match two teams in white or two in "home" colors.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

_6652967.jpg

Looks a lot like mine from the early '80s, too. Scoreboard was snapped off within a week, lol. What I've always wondered, though, is why one of the teams that came with it was the Colorado Rockies, in what must have been at least a year or two after they had already become the Devils.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
I used to love those things.

I actually would heat the plastic over the stove, like a real stick, so I could curve the blade. It would make the wingers shots lethal. You could pick the top corner.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj

_6652967.jpg

Also have the Wayne Gretzky one from the early 90s. Not really collecting that one, but I need my Stars.

I got the Flyers vs Islanders for Christmas when I was 10. Loved playing that game.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj

_6652967.jpg

I was looking for the Coleco 3D players like these.
attachment.php

or like this
attachment.php

I had a neighbor growing up in South Jersey that had the old table top with the Bruins. I think it was Boston VS. Montreal. It had to be from the 60's.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
^^^ :) Very cool. The one I had was the Eagle Toys model from the 50's.
There were no rods to move the players in lanes, strictly stationary but for the goalie.

Had the same or similar from early sixties. Montreal and Toronto. Metal players. I think the rods might have been out by then, but we got the stationary players. Got a rod version late sixties with the 12 NHL teams. Again metal players. We used to curve the sticks/players of the wingers so much you had to shoot it toward your end to put it on the right net.

My cousin had a game with a similar set up to the first, no sliding rods, but much older, like this one. Same colour scheme:

HPIM1406.JPG

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Earliest

Had the same or similar from early sixties. Montreal and Toronto. Metal players. I think the rods might have been out by then, but we got the stationary players. Got a rod version late sixties with the 12 NHL teams. Again metal players. We used to curve the sticks/players of the wingers so much you had to shoot it toward your end to put it on the right net.

My cousin had a game with a similar set up to the first, no sliding rods, but much older, like this one. Same colour scheme:

HPIM1406.JPG

Earliest version. We used to play it at the Boys Club in the early 1950s then the undated Montréal vs Toronto with five stationary men per side plus a goalie. Both required a marble since there were spots on the surface that were not accessible to the players.

LeBlondeDemon10

Jul 10, 2010
Canada
^^^We used a small marble with the late 70's version as well. Made the game faster and you could take some wicked shots. I remember writing to the company and purchasing 6 or 8 more teams so we were able to form a mini league. Great times!

DJ Man

Mar 23, 2009
Central Florida
Later models had a puck dropper built into the scoreboard tower. It put the puck through a series of bumpers to delay its fall. Without this, when you had two players but no referee, the one who performed the drop had a disadvantage in that one hand was occupied during the critical center faceoff. Unless he cheated to gain an advantage. Bad either way.

One later version had provision for a sixth attacker for the final minute. You could remove the goalie and insert this little post into a aperture just in front of the opponent's goalie, and put an extra player out there. This guy was stationary, but was always in the slot, so it sometimes worked. Seems to me that he blocked one of your own shots half the time. As the teams were only issued with five (identical) skaters, they had a blank metal silhouette slug for the extra forward. We were divided as to whether it was legal to let (or make) the goalie-stub make a save.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Earliest version. We used to play it at the Boys Club in the early 1950s then the undated Montréal vs Toronto with five stationary men per side plus a goalie. Both required a marble since there were spots on the surface that were not accessible to the players.

^^^We used a small marble with the late 70's version as well. Made the game faster and you could take some wicked shots. I remember writing to the company and purchasing 6 or 8 more teams so we were able to form a mini league. Great times!

.... :D they were, and yep, had to use a slightly undersized marble or if you were lucky enough to find one, a small steel ballbearing. The game I had was Eagle brand, stationary players but for the goalies, Leafs vs Canadiens, not fancy at all, no overhead scoreboard or whatever. Very 50's with turquoise exterior sides, 06 logo's, all the players looking like Andy Bathgate as I recall. Ive seen that same model on ebay & collectible sites and Man, sure does bring back childhood memories as I guess it does for all of us here model by era. Some collectors quite passionate about their games, and of course World Championship TT Tournaments drawing competitors from all over the globe. Theres even an International Table Hockey Federation that oversee's all of these tournaments including boards (appears they use STIGA brand). Heres their website; www.ithf.info/stiga/ithf/

King_Stannis

Jun 14, 2007
Erie PA, USA
I just got one of these Coleco 2D rod hockey games at an estate sale, much like the one I had as a kid. I'm thinking this one was late 60's or early 70's as it came with the Rangers/Bruins and the goalies do not have masks.

I am fixing two of the gliders, ordered a few pucks and rod ends as well as the Oilers and Flames. These teams are not cheap - about $30/team.

The one I had as a kid came with the Flyers and Sabres. I remember it fondly. If I'd have known how expensive they'd become I'd have taken better care of it. :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad