Confirmed with Link: Syracuse re-sign Daniel Walcott and Gabriel Dumont | 1 year, AHL contracts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
NOT a fan of this.

Both players have been injury prone. Both players have been on the roster of a team that does not progress in the post season for several years. Both players are using veteran spots that should have been offered to new blood to try and jump start the team in the standings and post season progress.

These are strictly box office/front office moves in an effort to keep the fans happy. Sadly, if keeping popular players on the roster is more important than winning championships by bringing in new veteran players to take the team to the next level, Crunch management is doing an A-1 job of that.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
You keep character vets around, there is nothing wrong with holding onto respected players who still have some game. It's on the "new blood" to take charge and establish themselves as the best players on the team. Crunch just won a round for the first time in 5+ years and I have no reason to doubt that they will continue to improve. Really weird to be upset by this.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
You keep character vets around, there is nothing wrong with holding onto respected players who still have some game. It's on the "new blood" to take charge and establish themselves as the best players on the team. Crunch just won a round for the first time in 5+ years and I have no reason to doubt that they will continue to improve. Really weird to be upset by this.
With these two as your Captain and Assistant Captain, how many playoff series have the Crunch won? How many Championships? The goal of the AHL team is to develop talent by winning more than one series. The fact that the Crunch went from first in the division to third on the final day of the season by losing control of their own destiny speaks volumes for the quality of the leadership.

Then again, decisions like this are why I get to watch the games from where I do, and others worry more about keeping the fans happy than changing key positions to provide the organization with a chance to take the next step in the post season.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
With these two as your Captain and Assistant Captain, how many playoff series have the Crunch won? How many Championships? The goal of the AHL team is to develop talent by winning more than one series. The fact that the Crunch went from first in the division to third on the final day of the season by losing control of their own destiny speaks volumes for the quality of the leadership.

Then again, decisions like this are why I get to watch the games from where I do, and others worry more about keeping the fans happy than changing key positions to provide the organization with a chance to take the next step in the post season.
Ovi couldn't win. Yzerman couldn't win, etc. (until they did)

Leadership can be developed.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Walcott is going into his ninth season with the Crunch and tenth overall while Dumont his sixth with the Crunch and 15th overall the Crunch.

Just how many more seasons of leadership are you planning to allow them to develop until you realize they are not going to lead the team any further in its progression during the post season and decide to move on to different veteran players who might?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad