GDT: SWE-USA May 10, 2024

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Feels weird seeing Ek and Boldy getting into each others faces, lol
Not weird.... Wild.

Zegras a no show today, they need him to emerge leading a second line.
I barely noticed him.

Caufield couldn't get his timing down on his shot. He was setup quite a few times, but i think the passes were just a little bit off, or the wrong speed. That's what happens on thrown together teams. I think he and Boldy will get their mojo back after a couple of games together. I thought they looked dangerous, and I liked Werenski, too.

Brodin and Dahlin were good, but will get better, I think. Brodin is a good influence on Dahlin defensively, and also allows Dahlin to jump up in the rush knowing the back end is covered. JEE was good, but mostly, provided the PITA factor to counter Tkachuk. Oh, and can Olofsson please go away?

Last edited:

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
You mean not so glowing? They look a bit like Växjö under hallam perfect pokechecking.
Those three are the exact opposite of Hallam, yes.

From what I've seen of their (later) attempts at coaching league clubs. Not seen that much of G though, national was enough here.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Not weird.... Wild.

I barely noticed him.

Caufield couldn't get his timing down on his shot. He was setup quite a few times, but i think the passes were just a little bit off, or the wrong speed. That's what happens on thrown together teams. I think he and Boldy will get their mojo back after a couple of games together. I thought they looked dangerous, and I liked Werenski, too.

Brodin and Dahlin were good, but will get better, I think. Brodin is a good influence on Dahlin defensively, and also allows Dahlin to jump up in the rush knowing the back end is covered. JEE was good, but mostly, provided the PITA factor to counter Tkachuk. Oh, and can Olofsson please go away?
Unleash the FUS.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not weird.... Wild.

I barely noticed him.

Boldy was very good today. Tkachuk looks out of shape.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Ek 2+1, 8 shots , +1, 18.27 TOI, voted Player of the game.
Johansson 1+1, 2 shots, +2, 16.18 TOI
Brodin 5 shots, -1, 22.07 TOI

Gus 28 saves, .933%

Boldy 0+1, 3 shots, 21.50 TOI

Hynes 11 chewing gums and 3 "Identity's" during post game presser.

I think the Wild bunch had a great game, all of them, but Ek dude was the maestro of this game.
He got a lot of praise from Peter Forsberg, who was the studio expert for Sweden's broadcast.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I watched most of it after the fact, thought Sweden looked good and US showed flashes. A lot will depend on how the teams develop because this tournament can be long. Tkachuk looked.... weird, like Boldy and Gaudreau. Sweden's defencemen in particular were great.

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
I watched most of it after the fact, thought Sweden looked good and US showed flashes. A lot will depend on how the teams develop because this tournament can be long. Tkachuk looked.... weird, like Boldy and Gaudreau. Sweden's defencemen in particular were great.
It is expected that our D is good but our offense is putrid

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Perhaps more a glowing endorsement of Grönborg, Garpenlöv, and Monten. I agree though.
I was pleasently surprised when Hallam took over. They actually got a coach who had club team success and not just one from the old boys club. Garpenlöv was really rock bottom when it came to coaching.

That being said, losing the QF against Latvia was massive failure. But I am willing to give Hallam a pass, since it was his first year. This year we need success, or I will start questioning him. You get one free pass Sam, but you've used it!

But what I like about Hallam is that he seems to learn and adapt. This year he worked on improving his contact with the NHLers and got a massive turnout as a result. I saw an interview when he was talking about how he had realised how important player agent are to keeping contact with players and getting them to accept.

He is also good a giving youngster as chance. Last year Leo and this year FUS. He gave Lekkerimäki a long look as well.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Swedens collapsing in front of the net, when US did have some possession, was impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad