Friedman: Suspects Vegas will be in on Marner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
It makes sense cap-wise, but wouldn't VGK trade Hill and Theodore? Neither team has much money and all 3 have one year left so they can each see who fits and who doesn't (and they flip any poor fits). At the same time, Vegas is so top heavy in their forwards so I have my doubts about whether they keep adding up front.

Lastly, if VGK was smart I think they should flip their expirings for 1sts and prospects so their longevity can be extended, instead of going all in every year.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca

One of the things with Marner is that, a lot of people suspect that Vegas will be around it, because Vegas is just...they're smart. They're around any good player. So I got people hypothesizing, Shea Theodore+Logan Thompson deals to me, for example.

Marner for Theodore and Thompson would be interesting. This is also not the first time Vegas likely being in on Marner has been mentioned.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hey Mcrimmon, you don't have to be in on every f***ing player that becomes available. You do know that right?

Theodore would make sense for the Leafs, but i am not sure about Thompson. He had his struggles during the season and Dallas exposed his weakness in round 1.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
It makes sense cap-wise, but wouldn't VGK trade Hill and Theodore? Neither team has much money and all 3 have one year left so they can each see who fits and who doesn't (and they flip any poor fits). At the same time, Vegas is so top heavy in their forwards so I have my doubts about whether they keep adding up front.

Lastly, if VGK was smart I think they should flip their expirings for 1sts and prospects so their longevity can be extended, instead of going all in every year.
I think it's become clear Vegas likes Hill better. He was the day 1 starter this season, and they were quick to go back to him in the playoffs. Thompson only started cause he got hot down the stretch

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Obviously this trade is with the intention of Marner extending in Vegas and both Theodore and Thompson extending in Toronto
Marner doesn't have to accept any trade at all, so they could lose him for nothing. Trading for two year-long rentals isn't the worst idea in that scenario.

They're a top destination so they should easily be able to sign either of them after a season-long tryout. I actually think the smarter move is just to make the trade for the players as-is.

Reactions: Love Machine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad