Sun, 26-Apr-2015 | MTL @ OTT | 6:00p ET | CBC , NBCSN, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekz

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 8, 2007
New York
I absolutely hate how they can't overturn that. If that happens within a second of two of the whistle, it should count.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
they totally need to change the rules or find a better way. Wayyy to many **** ups by the refs with the intent to blow and mistakenly blowing the whistle

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
The ref was on the wrong side of the net on that one I think. You can't blame him for thinking the puck was dead.

It's the wrong call but to blame the ref is stupid, and the only people who blame him don't understand how hockey actually works.

That's why there's 2 refs. If 1 ref doesn't have a clear view of the puck he shouldn't be blowing the whistle , the other ref should have control.

100% refs fault.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
The ref was on the wrong side of the net on that one I think. You can't blame him for thinking the puck was dead.

It's the wrong call but to blame the ref is stupid, and the only people who blame him don't understand how hockey actually works.

Yea, well the ref blew the call, it was a bad call and you can blame him since he made the ****ing **** call.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I can't endorse the "Montreal Typical" that some Sens fans seem to love saying. Bad call, that's it. End of story. Ref thought Price had the puck so the whistle was blown, it happens. Hope it doesn't influence the game too much but not a good excuse.

Yep. You can tell by the ref's body language he realizes immediately he just screwed up horribly. This is why plays need to be reviewable. Mistakes happen, but this one happens to carry a lot more weight.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's ****ing inexcusable to blow your whistle in that situation if there is another referee who has a much better view of the play.

What happened is that Price was not looking for the puck. Price stood still as if he had it. Of course, if you are behind the play, you probably as a ref refrain to call something. But he was threw of by Price's position.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Why can't there be good reffing in the playoffs? Especially on a must win game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad