Summer Vacation/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Just creating a place for us to chat over the Summer. Any plans, thoughts, ideas for this Summer? Any int'l travel? Any Int'l Isles HF folks coming to visit US?

As for me? Staying local and working -- it's my busy season as new Fiscal year hits July and everyone has money again.. so I stay put and maybe a trip down to Florida with Bones Jr at the end of August. Nothing like 88 degree ocean, beach volleyball, and few tourists to make me happy.

If the Isles schedule aligns, I may take him to Toronto this coming season for a game and HHOF. Think that comes out soon.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
WORK! For me....
All Day And All Of The Night as the Kinks used to play :laugh:

As I get older (53), Im really beginning to embrace the NFG* attitude. Don't work too much, gotta enjoy life and do shit while you still can. Nothing like being retired, having the $ and time to finally do it, and your body can veto the idea.

*No f***s Given

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
As I get older (53), Im really beginning to embrace the NFG* attitude. Don't work too much, gotta enjoy life and do shit while you still can. Nothing like being retired, having the $ and time to finally do it, and your body can veto the idea.

*No f***s Given

I feel the same way, while being only a couple of years older than you. I used to feel guilty when I had time off from work but now I enjoy time off and feel No Guilt. Only so many sunrises in our lives and we all must pause at times and fully enjoy the Blessing of life. As for retirement? HAHA I will work until they put me into the Pine Box! But being self employed like I am, at least I get to choose when I put my Shackles on ;)

Reactions: Bones45

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013

*No f***s Given
Totally agree. As you get older, you realize how much time work consumes, and it's just not healthy. My goal is to retire by 50, because you never know what could happen. For the younger guys, if you are able to take time for vacation/school events - do it.

Anyway - leaving for Houston on Saturday (family down there); AC for a daughter's dance comp (could be better); annual Hershey trip; and Aruba.

Reactions: Bones45

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
No major trips planned for me, just decided on a trip to Disney World next year at some point so I'll have to get three more jobs to finance that. Anyone looking for a pool boy with a dad bod?

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
My personal demographic skews a little older than some here but retirement is getting closer. Whether it’s your own health, friends or family, sh!t comes at you unexpectedly and makes you reassess what’s important in life.

As a parting OT comment on this OT thread: Lou are you hearing this? Go enjoy yourself and leave the rest of us the f’ alone.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Honoring our GM and Isles alum Luca Sbisa by visiting Italy (Sorrento & Capri) in September, never been to Europe.

Any recommendations from the crew would be greatly appreciated.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
Totally agree. As you get older, you realize how much time work consumes, and it's just not healthy. My goal is to retire by 50, because you never know what could happen. For the younger guys, if you are able to take time for vacation/school events - do it.
In my estimation, if you have this perspective, you're not doing the right work. Your work is your life. Instead of taking more vacations, find something you're passionate about.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Id rather be lit on fire than go to Disney. Good luck with that.

I certainly won't become a Disney Adult, but my child is the appropriate age to have a great time there so it'll work. I have no intention on going back for another 5-10 years minimum.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I certainly won't become a Disney Adult, but my child is the appropriate age to have a great time there so it'll work. I have no intention on going back for another 5-10 years minimum.

I went to Disneyland with my son when he was around 6. Did my time. All done.

Water parks I enjoy -- but Disney/Great Adventure parks are just torture....

Reactions: Big L and MarsTBOW

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I went to Disneyland with my son when he was around 6. Did my time. All done.

Water parks I enjoy -- but Disney/Great Adventure parks are just torture....

That's the age range my daughter is in right now so it'll work.

I can't do the water parks as an adult, they're cesspools. We just hit Hershey Park recently and it was a ton of fun. If you don't enjoy coasters though I could see how miserable it'd be.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Not this summer but next June going on a golf trip to Ireland. Did Scotland in 2012 so I am pumped for this one.
I highly recommend playing Old Head. It’s not what you non-golfing degenerates think it is.

Pricey but spectacular and worth it.

Reactions: islesmb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad