NHL Summer 2023 Preseason - Mike Babcock Resigns as HC of CBJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
unbelievable. For years we've heard of how the bar for goalies is almost unapproachably high, but they let in f***ing Tom Barrasso and Mike Vernon?

Barrasso had a stellar first two seasons where he won a Vezina and finished 2nd in the Vezina voting. For the other 17 years of his career, he had one postseason 2nd team all-star nod and was a finalist for the Vezina 3 times.

Vernon has f***ing jack shit for accolades. One 2nd team all-star and Vezina runner up over 19 years in the NHL. He split the Jennings with Osgood once when they had Lidstrom, Konstantinov, and Fetisov in front of them. An absolute embarrassment of an induction given the precedent set.

If Mike Vernon got into the HOF, then Tuukka Rask is a unanimous first ballot HOFer. Period.

But they have won Cups.

And we all know that that's all that matters.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How is this goalie passed over.....................................again

1687415967660.png

How good was he? Watch this game from 1996

The Hockey Hall of Fame continues to make baffling selections and who they don't deem worthy even more so.....

Exhibit A

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
HHOF selections just keep getting weaker and weaker, I can't wait to see who gets in next year.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
But they have won Cups.

And we all know that that's all that matters.
Turgeon won no cups, all he did was pile up numbers. Outside of winning the Lady Byng in his rookie year he won no awards, in fact he never finished in the top 10 of any of the major trophies. He was a really good player, but never should have gotten a sniff for the HOF.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

View attachment 719919

The Hockey Hall of Fame continues to make baffling selections and who they don't deem worthy even more so.....

Exhibit A

Never won a Vezina.

Never was a post season all-star.

Top 5 in save percentage only once, goals against only once.

Played 666 games. Nearly all HOF voters are devout Christians.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Turgeon won no cups, all he did was pile up numbers. Outside of winning the Lady Byng in his rookie year he won no awards, in fact he never finished in the top 10 of any of the major trophies. He was a really good player, but never should have gotten a sniff for the HOF.

The Carl Yastrzemski of hockey?

Lots of accumulators in HOF.

I'm sure many hockey people agree with you.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

View attachment 719919

Exhibit A

I'd take him over the Rangers goalie who just got in after a career of being overrated.

The Carl Yastrzemski of hockey?

Lots of accumulators in HOF.

I'm sure many hockey people agree with you.

That's a gross comparison to make to Yaz. Gross.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Injuries, inconsistent effort and a Russian to boot.

Two fabulous seasons out of 16.

In Russia played on the most talented line ever with Fedorov and Bure.

Correct.

Didn't think it looked right.

Thanks for the that.
I thought Hockey was for everyone?

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Just listened to sportsnet and Shane Wright does not qualify to play in the AHL next year, missed the criteria by one game (only played 24 in the OHL last year, needed to play 25)....so it's OHL, full-time at Seattle or they lobby the OHL and NHL for an exception so he can play in the AHL...crazy that Seattle didn't figure his 25 game criteria way ahead of time ....but I'm guessing he'll be granted an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad