Value of: Summer 2023 cap space

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
this assumes they fill out their roster like resigning RFAs with no significant raise or they replace a UFA with an equivalent UFA if they dont resign. with other roster spots its roughly $1M for roster spots under 23 to add to 23/24 cap.

teams with $10M+ cap space
Buffalo
Detroit
Montreal (potential LTIR space as well)
Carolina
Columbus
New Jersey (with QO on Meier and Bratt)
Arizona
Chicago **
Anaheim **

**--these teams will need to acquire high salary either by signing UFAs , taking cap dumps, doing pass thru retentions jut to get to the cap floor. These are not teams who can fill their roster with LECS/$1M roster players to get to the floor.

teams with $4M-$10M+ cap space
Florida
Pittsburgh
Nashville
Seattle
San Jose

teams with $1M-$4M
Ottawa (assume QO on Debrincat)
NY Islanders
Philadelphia
Washington
NY Rangers
Dallas
Colorado
Minnesota
Winnipeg (assuming QO on PLD)
St Louis
Los Angeles

teams close to cap or potentially over or a less than 23 roster( might have LTIR space0
Boston
tampa bay
toronto
Calgary ***
Edmonton
Vancouver ***
Vegas

When you are making proposals---factor in the space that the other teams has.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With over 40M+ in cap room and no major RFA's to sign (Kurashev is biggest name) the Hawks should be open for business to take short term cap dumps (1-2 yrs) in exchange for picks/prospects

A way for Hawks to weaponize cap space and further speed up the rebuild.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
this assumes they fill out their roster like resigning RFAs with no significant raise or they replace a UFA with an equivalent UFA if they dont resign. with other roster spots its roughly $1M for roster spots under 23 to add to 23/24 cap.

teams with $10M+ cap space
Buffalo
Detroit
Montreal (potential LTIR space as well)
Carolina
Columbus
New Jersey (with QO on Meier and Bratt)
Arizona
Chicago **
Anaheim **

**--these teams will need to acquire high salary either by signing UFAs , taking cap dumps, doing pass thru retentions jut to get to the cap floor. These are not teams who can fill their roster with LECS/$1M roster players to get to the floor.

teams with $4M-$10M+ cap space
Florida
Pittsburgh
Nashville
Seattle
San Jose

teams with $1M-$4M
Ottawa (assume QO on Debrincat)
NY Islanders
Philadelphia
Washington
NY Rangers
Dallas
Colorado
Minnesota
Winnipeg (assuming QO on PLD)
St Louis
Los Angeles

teams close to cap or potentially over or a less than 23 roster( might have LTIR space0
Boston
tampa bay
toronto
Calgary ***
Edmonton
Vancouver ***
Vegas

When you are making proposals---factor in the space that the other teams has.

Ducks probably can get to the floor just by signing their key RFAs (Zegras, Terry and Drysdale), or at least close enough that they easily get to the floor by simply filling out their roster thereafter.

Though hopefully they plan to spend a bit beyond that, in order to at least ice a respectable NHL blueline group next year.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Ducks probably can get to the floor just by signing their key RFAs (Zegras, Terry and Drysdale), or at least close enough that they easily get to the floor by simply filling out their roster thereafter.

Though hopefully they plan to spend a bit beyond that, in order to at least ice a respectable NHL blueline group next year.
Really think the ducks can improve a lot with an actual good coach.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I wasn’t going to speculate on those things. There are two valid argument of giving thrmm2-3 yr bridges vs larger 7-8 yr contracts. My personal feeling is the latter is the better option.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I wasn’t going to speculate on those things. There are two valid argument of giving thrmm2-3 yr bridges vs larger 7-8 yr contracts. My personal feeling is the latter is the better option.
What kind of extensions do you think Dahlin and Power sign? I feel like both of those could be interesting negotiations given how good they've been this season.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What kind of extensions do you think Dahlin and Power sign? I feel like both of those could be interesting negotiations given how good they've been this season.
Dahlia is due a 3 rd contract so $10M+ unless he does a team discount.

I see Power on a bridge for 3 yrs. Like Dahlin. He’s can’t get O?S in 24 so it will occur in summer 24. Expect Dahlin signed this off-season.

buffalo probably wants to have some cap room in 24/25-26/27 season. In 2027 Skinner end his contract. Besides Power they have a bunch from 2020-2023 drafts due for new contracts. Depending on the cap they might have $8M or so which means they can get a couple short term vets.

Reactions: Kaibur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad