Speculation: Successful PTOs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Re: Johnson…those first two preseason games against a bunch of AHLers or worse is kind of hard to make judgements with. Lysell was better than Johnson in the last game, and that’s kinda the competition. But it’s early yet.
Think they said on the broadcast the B’s want to sign him.
Might be like Heinen last year and wait a couple weeks to sign for cap reasons….but I’d say it’s a 99% chance he signs a contract with Boston

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Josh Brown is looking garbage as a Desharhais replacement. I think even with Travis Dermott being a LD, we will sign him. Kulak could always play his off side, he's done it before. I think this is even more likely if the management see's Kulak as the next expendable player cap wise if the club looks for an upgrade at RD around the deadline. Dermott could be a cheap 3LD option.

I'm not familiar if Dermott can play his off side. Someone can weight in on that perhaps.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Emberson
Dermott - Kulak

7th D, Troy Stecher.

Trade deadline; target someone like Andersson out of Calgary.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - xxx
Dermott - Emberson

Last edited:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You make trading for your rivals young Top 4 RHD sound so casual.

He's been a regular target of discussion both on the mains and our board. A guy we'd overpay for if he's made available. Calgary traded in division twice with Vancouver last year and we reportingly were in on Tanev. I don't see the issue in mentioning him or a similar top 4 RD. I mean I know the trade cost will be heavy.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
He's been a regular target of discussion both on the mains and our board. A guy we'd overpay for if he's made available. Calgary traded in division twice with Vancouver last year and we reportingly were in on Tanev. I don't see the issue in mentioning him or a similar top 4 RD. I mean I know the trade cost will be heavy.
I mean.. good luck?

If/when Andersson becomes available there will be a ton of suitors. Calgary certainly isn't going to give Edmonton perhaps their final piece towards a Cup run. The difference between them and Vancouver is there is a mountain range separating the cities.

David Savard would have been a much more reasonable mention

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I'm not sure the Oilers have the assets if we're honest, especially with no 2025 1st. I suspect an Andersson deal would return more than Hanifin as he'll still have a year remaining at a great cap hit. There is also a difference between trading a rental within your division and trading someone with term.

If he's traded (I think he will extend personally), my gut says Utah. They have a ton of draft capital in the next 2 drafts and have some really good prospects that they could dangle in But, Beaudoin and (in my dreams) Iginla

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I mean.. good luck?

If/when Andersson becomes available there will be a ton of suitors. Calgary certainly isn't going to give Edmonton perhaps their final piece towards a Cup run. The difference between them and Vancouver is there is a mountain range separating the cities.

David Savard would have been a much more reasonable mention

I think the guy who gets targeted most likely is Connor Murphy. I wouldn't hate this either as he'd play a big role on the PK with Ceci and Desharnais gone. Savard is an option also.

I was merely mentioning Rasmus Andersson as he's the guy I'd personally want. I do see him as a final piece type and I'd be okay with out bidding our competitors for his addition. If Conroy would rather a lesser offer or completely different package from what we could offer that's his choice. If Andersson is available, Bowman better least do his due diligence.

Anyways, this is about why I thought we will sign Dermott to a contract and my mentioning Rasmus is now derailing this and that wasn't my intention. I was only trying to explain my reasoning for a Kulak replacement. We could use a LD with a cheaper cap hit if Kulak ends up having to move for cap reasons. Only way I see Kulak going is if we are upgrading at RD on the second pairing.

Last edited:

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Word is that Vrana has impressed but may be the victim of a numbers crunch in DC. I imagine he’s a lock to catch on elsewhere if they cut him loose.

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
With all the goalie needs across the league I'm sure Tokarski and Kaskisuo will get AHL deals.

Tokarski might even get another backup NHL job. The Luke Schenn of goalies off of 15 game playoff run. Gave him another 10 years on his career.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Tyler Johnson, Austin Watson, Paccioretty, and a few others. Be funny if Alex Chiasson nailed one down again. Detroit does have contracts to give, but think that ship has sailed. Interesting to see if Yamamoto gets a contract. Love to see Rocco Grimaldi get a two-way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad