Stone vs. O'Reilly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which one is better?

• Total voters

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Good question. The more i think about it, the harder it is to pick.

Gotta go with a slight edge to ROR.

Reactions: Dache

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Tough call. I prefer the versatility of ROR, but think Stone is a slightly better player. Went with Stone.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Really tough.

ROR has the advantage of playing the traditionally more important position.

In a straight up comparison, I'm tempted to go ROR, but compared with their peers, Stone is the better player among wingers than ROR is among centres.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Stone is better but RoR plays a more important position. Still going Stone

Tony Stacks

Jan 30, 2012
Seattle
O'Reilly in the playoffs has another gear (Stone is great in the playoffs too), but O'Reilly is a complete game breaker. I'll take him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
ROR, no matter how good defensively the winger is, the center position just demands more and Stone doesn't even outproduce him to warrant a gap offensively. Being a 57% faceoff man is a HUGE advantage for ROR.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yoooo a Georgia person. Bunch of my high school buddies went to GT, Atlanta can be a really fun place to go to school. Antico will change your life.
ayyyy

im dominicboltsfan if you were unaware, from tampa and allat, but yeah i go to GT now :)

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yeah yeah I remember, weren't you like 14 when you started posting? Class of '24 now shit time flies. Congratulations man. It's a cool time of your life. Enjoy yourself.
yep. almost 4 years ago now. and thank you.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Really tough.

ROR has the advantage of playing the traditionally more important position.

In a straight up comparison, I'm tempted to go ROR, but compared with their peers, Stone is the better player among wingers than ROR is among centres.

Flawed logic. Centers are typically more impactful than wingers. Typically is probably understating it.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
yep. almost 4 years ago now. and thank you.
If you have the chance, do some backpacking through Europe or Asia (or Latin America if you have some experience). You won't regret it. I started solo travelling just before my last year of university. Best decision of my life. You're at the perfect age.

Reactions: VoluntaryDom

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stone. ROR has become so underrated that he’s now overrated. Stone is the clear better player to the point that the center advantage for ROR doesn’t swing this in his favor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad