Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Tyler Bozak re-signs with the Blues (1 year, $750k + $1.25M Performance Bonuses)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Wow he must have really wanted to stay! I figured he could still fetch something like ~$2.5-3.5M from a playoff team looking for a versatile middle 6 C.

Reactions: stlwahoo

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Wow he must have really wanted to stay! I figured he could still fetch something like ~$2.5-3.5M from a playoff team looking for a versatile middle 6 C.

I think it's pretty clear he blinked when offers like that ended up not being on the table.

He likely would've had a handful of PTOs to choose from, but the guaranteed contract/money from a competitive club he's already familiar with just checked too many boxes.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think it's pretty clear he blinked when offers like that ended up not being on the table.

He likely would've had a handful of PTOs to choose from, but the guaranteed contract/money from a competitive club he's already familiar with just checked too many boxes.

Yeah the scenario in my head was pretty specific upon reflection / as time went by this offseason it became clearer

For example, I think myself and many others thought he would be a nice veteran player to have behind Suzuki and Kotkaniemi/ Dvorak in Montreal but their cap didn't necessarily allow for adding him unless other moves were made

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Great deal, I cant help but compare it to my teams blunder one year deal for 12/13 forward Brendan Sutter at well over a million. Then when I compare Bozak and Sutter stats its really comically bad

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
One of the most under appreciated players out there. He's consistent and versatile. Glad he's happy with the Blues.
this.. wasn't expecting much from him when the Blues got him, but he's been really good. good player, plays 200', great in the circle, good mentor for the kids. Thomas owes him a lot for his growth.
not sure why TOR ever let him go

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Getting him on a minimum is a steal.

Very interested to see who wins the top 6 spot in camp between Kyrou/Thomas, but either way, this is a damn good forward group.

Perron-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Buchnevich-Schenn-Kyrou
Saad-Thomas-Kostin
Barbashev-Bozak-Sundqvist

or

Perron-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schenn-Thomas-Buchnevich
Saad-Bozak-Kyrou
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Kostin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad