Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] D Pierre-Olivier Joseph signs with the Blues (1 year, $950k)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
He’s a decent offensive bottom pairing dman 5 on 5 with no special teams utility. He’s just not particularly good enough offensively to justify being as bad defensively as he is to play above the bottom pair. Wish him luck though.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
He’s a decent offensive bottom pairing dman 5 on 5 with no special teams utility. He’s just not particularly good enough offensively to justify being as bad defensively as he is to play above the bottom pair. Wish him luck though.

He only makes sense if there is a plan to move out Krug. Otherwise, Krug and Perunovich have the bottom pairing offensive D covered

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve always believed in POJ. I’ll be the least surprised person if we see that 2 or 3 years from now he’s a legit #4 or high end #5 who can play some 2nd unit PP.

I was typing the exact same thing when your reply showed up.

He’s a little rambunctious for a 3rd pairing guy but if a team and staff can stomach some risk-taking he’s worth it. There’s some upside there.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

He’s a little rambunctious for a 3rd pairing guy but if a team and staff can stomach some risk-taking he’s worth it. There’s some upside there.

History has shown that many Dmen don’t even fully click into the league or their potential until they’re into their mid-late 20’s, and he can be one of those guys.

With his skating, althleticism and not a ton of tread on his tires, he could be well positioned to be an effective late bloomer.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
POJ is an interesting one. Really good skater but his offensive skills while decent aren't enough to make him a threat at the NHL level. Defensively has games where he looks pretty good and then games where his positioning and decision making are bad. Could see him rounding out to a #4/5 dman who can get the puck moving north. Makes sense on a rebuilding team where they can give him ice time and try to develop him.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Saves the team money only having to have 1 dad for 2 guys on the fathers trip
If I’m the dad I’m splurging on dining and Alcohol choices to try to make up some of the difference. Which jersey does he wear on the trip?

He only makes sense if there is a plan to move out Krug. Otherwise, Krug and Perunovich have the bottom pairing offensive D covered
He’s an upgrade over Hayes at forward if there aren’t any D spots available…

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
In all seriousness it’s a min deal, press box depth guy and traveling companion. Don’t need to think hard about well we have Krug yada yada yada. It’s depth.

Reactions: The Electrician

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I’ve always believed in POJ. I’ll be the least surprised person if we see that 2 or 3 years from now he’s a legit #4 or high end #5 who can play some 2nd unit PP.

+3 and agree with the comments about D often taking years to find their game. (Recent examples from the Pens: Dumoulin and Pettersson.)

Excellent skating, still youngish 25. Might not work out, but at 1x$950K, not a problem if he doesn’t.

Reactions: jmelm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad