Proposal: STL-NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Lmao
We already made one of the worst trades in NHL history with St Louis last year, now it would be

:blues
Pavel Buchnevich
Kaapo Kakko
Filip Chytil
2022 1st Rd Pick
2023 3rd Rd Pick
Alex Georgiev

:rangers
Vladimir Tarasenko
Ville Husso
Sammy Blais
2022 2nd Rd Pick

Reactions: Synergy27

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
To St.Louis: Alexandar Georgiev, Filip Chytil, Kaapo Kakko, 2022 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

To New York: Vladimir Tarasenko(25% retained), Ville Husso

Eventhough the value is very lopsided toward the Blues, I can't see us doing this. Blues are in win now mode and this will significanty weaken us on the short term and will very likely hurt our playoff run.
Also: Chytil and Georgiev do nothing for the Blues, I'd much rather keep Husso. I also don't expect Army to retain on Tarasenko. I'd rather take on an expiring bad contract if that helps capwise.

If you want to trade for Tank on the short term, a really good left handed defender (significant upgrade over Mikkola and Scandella) needs to be involved. In off-season however, I can envision tank being traded for futures.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Gross overpayment by NYR, but, as a Blues fan I still probably won't do it. Doesn't fill any current holes in the Blues lineup (Top 2/4 defensive LHD, Lindgren maybe?)

Plus I don't think NYR wants to have another trade with STL currently.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Doesn't make any sense for any body.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
The unwillingness to make any trade involving the struggling youth is mind boggling. New York might have a slightly better chance of winning in the future so don't ever trade young players. OP value might not be 100% on, but it's funny to read people 'axing' trades because a meh prospect with an unfulfilled pedigree is in a trade for a sure fire player.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
The unwillingness to make any trade involving the struggling youth is mind boggling. New York might have a slightly better chance of winning in the future so don't ever trade young players. OP value might not be 100% on, but it's funny to read people 'axing' trades because a meh prospect with an unfulfilled pedigree is in a trade for a sure fire player.
No one in this thread has said this. Most Blues fans have said those players don't fit a need in the system. And most Ranger fans have just downright declined.

Reactions: TGWL

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Please, for all that is holy and mighty in this world, never create another hockey proposal again.
Or..... channel your inner George Costanza and whatever your instinct is, make your actual proposal the opposite of what you initially thought.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

The value isn't even 1% on. We aren't totally averse to trading young players. What we are totally averse to is trading several of them, plus picks, for a player we don't want, in a hugely lopsided deal.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
To St.Louis: Alexandar Georgiev, Filip Chytil, Kaapo Kakko, 2022 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

To New York: Vladimir Tarasenko(25% retained), Ville Husso
when healthy, STL is playing very well. Vladi and Husso are big parts of that. don't see STL doing that in-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad