Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Logan Brown signs extension with the Blues (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Low risk signing. He has shown some progress on with the Blues with 3+3 in 17 games playing mostly 4th line minutes. He would have to grow a lot more to meet his draft day expectations and I don't think it is likely he will reach it but he could still carve out a solid career in the bottom six.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
That headline makes it sound different than Logan Brown loves playing for his home team.

Reactions: SundherDome

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Low risk contract there. Brown is frusterating because he has all the tools, he's big and strong but just lacks . . . that elusive "it". Maybe he transitions his game into being a solid bottom 6er. Worth the low risk contract I think from the blues!

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
One way - good for him - still hope he puts it together, he’s got the skill for sure…

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I believe in this kid. Still a chance he becomes an impact top 6 forward. If not, he'll probably still settle in as a bottom six guy. No risk here.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Nothing more than a 3rd liner, but that’s ok. Still has time to improve

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Low risk contract there. Brown is frusterating because he has all the tools, he's big and strong but just lacks . . . that elusive "it". Maybe he transitions his game into being a solid bottom 6er. Worth the low risk contract I think from the blues!
That "it" is called shift to shift consistency and effort. He feels like someone who plays hockey because he's good at it and it was expected of him, not that he wants to be great.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
They should reward him by not scratching him anymore.

Will be tough for him to crack the lineup unless we get hit with another round of injuries. He had a quick start, but then his play has kind of leveled off since then. And he's only played 2 games since Jan 9th, so we will see if he gets another extended look or not.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I could see them purposely hold him off the team to redeem that pick.

I can't.

Berube does not care about getting an additional 4th - which, even if it lands a Batherson-type player, will almost certainly never play for Berube. He cares about dressing the best lineup. If Doug Armstrong mettles to that extent, well, he's probably a shitty boss.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I can't.

Berube does not care about getting an additional 4th - which, even if it lands a Batherson-type player, will almost certainly never play for Berube. He cares about dressing the best lineup. If Doug Armstrong mettles to that extent, well, he's probably a shitty boss.
I don't see Brown replacing any of the Blues top 9 this season. And he's not exactly the type of player Berube uses on his 4th line either. He'll probably get games, but unless there is an injury I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't hit 30 games.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I don't see Brown replacing any of the Blues top 9 this season. And he's not exactly the type of player Berube uses on his 4th line either. He'll probably get games, but unless there is an injury I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't hit 30 games.

No disagreement there - there are definitely reasons why Brown likely won't play 30 games this season. I just don't buy that securing the 4th rounder is gonna be one of them.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
No disagreement there - there are definitely reasons why Brown likely won't play 30 games this season. I just don't buy that securing the 4th rounder is gonna be one of them.
Oh, definitely. Berube is gonna play the best lineup he can that will help us win. That 4th rounder probably doesn't even cross his mind.

Sorry I misread your first post. Lol

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
I believe Brown may be the type of player, who has a big body, takes a while to put it all together. He’s shown he is an NHL’er, and would be a good 3rd/4th line player for a while if he plays like has has for the Blues. Can he turn it up a notch and become a middle six forward? He has the tools, I really think it’s a mental thing and knowing how to utilize his monster frame. For this AAV, we can give him the time needed. If he doesn’t, then that sucks, but it such a small investment that it won’t hurt the team going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad