Trade: [STL/LAD/CWS] Erick Fedde, Tommy Pham to STL; Michael Kopech, Tommy Edman, O. Gonzalez to LAD; Miguel Vargas, Jeral Perez, Alexander Albertus to CWS

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Getz is in way over his head. This trade is hella bad for CWS.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Definitely reeks of 2 experienced GM's taking advantage of the newbie.

At the very least, a decent Cards prospect should be headed to Chicago here. I don't get how STL pulled this off if they really only gave up Edman.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Hard to imagine that the Sox couldn't have gotten a better return if they hadn't lumped most of their chips into one deal
Have to wonder what Cleveland or Minnesota would have given up for Fedde. I have to imagine they’d have given up better prospects than anything Chicago got.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Seems like yesterday Boston fans were bemoaning the loss of Kopech and Moncada. Neither guy has lived up to expectations.

More often than not, Dave Dombrowski knows what he is doing

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
At this point maybe it would be better for Chicagoians if the White Sox were allowed to leave.

Should have gotten more for Fedde given he was one of the better arms on the market

Reactions: SnS and SoupNazi

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Feel like the Cardinals did pretty well here. I like Edman as a super utility guy, not so much as an everyday CF or SS. Fedde is having a great year and at worst you have a back end starter for next year. And Pham helps them against LHP this year. Don't know anything about the prospect they gave up, but he's 17.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad