Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] F Dylan Holloway (2 years, $2.290457M AAV) and D Philip Broberg (2 years, $4.580917M AAV) sign offer sheets with the Blues (not matched)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
It looks to me like Holloway was fairly easily replaceable, and Broberg perhaps less so.

I hate to admit that Stan Bowman seems to have navigated around this situation fairly well.

The Oilers will likely keep Broberg at a vastly inflated salary, which from Edmonton's side is unavoidable without losing the player.

I think I would prefer having Podzolkin for two years at $1-million and St. Louis' 2025 third-round pick over Holloway for two years at $2.29-million and Ottawa's 2025 fourth-round pick.

The real winners are Broberg and Holloway with their windfall salaries.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Who would give Bouchard a max contract?
No one.
I don't know if your overly optimistic or I am pessimistic but I have always viewed pro hockey as a business first. Players being quoted about their commitment to win where they are is nothing new when being questioned by press. What do you expect them to say? "I am gonna chase the bag!" They want their fans to like them. Let's take it at face value though that they do mean it as they probably genuinely do. How much of a haircut does that mean they will be willing to take? 5% 10% maybe, but if you think a player is so committed to a city their gonna sign for three quarters of their value I have bridge to sell you.
Nah, not that much. I'm expecting Drai to be around 13.5x8, although some think he will take around 12.5. Mcdavid will probably be around 14x8. Bouch, i would say 10-11x8. All speculation on my part, but there's been some reports that fans are going to be happy with what those three are committing to.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Um, seriously? A potentially elite goaltender, a solid right-handed defenseman, seven former first round picks (three of whom have already made their debuts), and the person you quoted didn't even mention our most recent first round pick in Adam Jiricek or other prospects like Juraj Pekarcik, Lukas Fischer, and Michael Buchinger (and I admittedly have a prospect crush on Nikita Susuyev as well).

Please tell me you don't care about anyone's prospect pool other than your own? It's the only way this comment makes any sense for you to say.
No, the Blues prospect pool is deep but unimpressive. Dvorsky is your only prospect in a top ~50 league wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad