Proposal: Steve Dangle Podcast proposal - Marner to Vegas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Marner for Pietro is something i would assume Vegas would consider . This package ? That seems lopsides for the Leafs and completely guts Vegas defense.

Pietro might be open to be reuinited with Berube too and Vegas might be looking to move Pietro before he's really starting to show signs of his age.
I'd do it. I'll even get Tre drunk to help it along. :laugh:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'd do it. I'll even get Tre drunk to help it along. :laugh:

Might also have to get Pietro drunk so he waives his NMC. Good chance his game falls apart in the next couple of seasons and if that happens in Toronto the Leafs media and fans are going to tear him a new one.

Also why i don't think the Leafs do that type of deal. Too high a chance Pietro turns into a pumpkin.

Still this might be best chance for the Leafs to aquire a highend defenseman albeit one on the downside of his career but nobody is trading one in his prime .

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Might also have to get Pietro drunk so he waives his NMC. Good chance his game falls apart in the next couple of seasons and if that happens in Toronto the Leafs media and fans are going to tear him a new one.
Yeah I want out from that contract more than the player. better now than before it becomes an anchor, should have cheaped out and have him waive while cup drunk :laugh:

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
The proposal doesn't even make sense. Why would both teams retain salary when everyone is on an expiring deal? Draft picks and SDA seemingly thrown in just because. Galaxy braining for the sake of galaxy braining. Nonsense deal.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I doubt Vegas trade two of their current top 6 defenseman. Theodore means too much to them. I think they trade Whitecloud before they trade Hague too. Hague showed that he can fill in on the top 4 when injuries occured. He spent some time this season with Pietrangelo on the top pair and he didn't look out of place.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
aside from notes above that Vegas may not afford Marner extension, and the bizarre Vegas using all 3 retention slots in 1 deal
with regard to the OP package
SDA has possibly very little value
a defected Russian, back home in K, who would be 25, or older, when a next NHL deal might begin, if ever
so IMHO TML probably needs to include, instead, an asset who might actually provide Vegas some value

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Marner for Theodore seems like an intriguing basis for a trade, if Vegas would be interested in that.

aside from notes above that Vegas may not afford Marner extension, and the bizarre Vegas using all 3 retention slots in 1 deal
with regard to the OP package
SDA has possibly very little value
a defected Russian, back home in K, who would be 25, or older, when a next NHL deal might begin, if ever
so IMHO TML probably needs to include, instead, an asset who might actually provide Vegas some value

Vegas isn't retaining on anybody in that proposal. Only retention is on Marner.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I could see VGK going for it if they knew Stone's money was available, but otherwise, it doesn't make too much sense for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad