Pre-Game Talk: Starting the morning off with BJs!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
11 AM start.

Chance to clinch home ice (although LA losing tonight would also do that), but also a chance to hit 100 points.

Woodcroft has mentioned 100 team points a lot during his interviews. I suspect he set it as a team goal when he was hired and he used it as motivation for them. “I believe in the talent and the people in this room. You are a 100 point team. Go out there and show it.” Or some such.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Let's GO!

giphy.gif

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
How do you run the defense with Nurse not on the road trip?

I probably run Kulak with Ceci against the Blue Jackets and see how that looks.

Depending on the severity of the Nurse injury, I'm calling up Koekkoek (where art thou?) and whomever is healthiest between Broberg and Niemo on Sunday and insert them into the fire against the Penguins on Monday.

Bakersfield are beat up on the backend themselves and have two more games remaining in the regular season, tonight (Saturday) and Tuesday. If we don't see a callup by Sunday, I think that's a positive sign for Nurse.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Depending on the severity of the Nurse injury, I'm calling up Koekkoek (where art thou?) and whomever is healthiest between Broberg and Niemo on Sunday and insert them into the fire against the Penguins on Monday.

Bakersfield are beat up on the backend themselves and have two more games remaining in the regular season, tonight (Saturday) and Tuesday. If we don't see a callup by Sunday, I think that's a positive sign for Nurse.
Is KK healthy? He's only played two games in Bakersfield since being sent down.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Russell-Ceci
Keith-Bouchard
Kulak-Barrie

IMO you keep the current pairs together that are doing well. You just ask a little more of the 3rd pairing and a little less of the top pairing while Nurse it out.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Keith-Ceci were together for the longest time at the beginning of the season and should be the top pairing til Nurse is back.

Kulak-Barrie have looked good and Russell-Bouchard should be fine.

Broberg should be called up even if we are going with 6D.

7-11 makes more sense especially with minute munching Nurse out.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Is KK healthy? He's only played two games in Bakersfield since being sent down.

I understood that he was away from the team for a time but not sure what's really going on there. I kinda thought there was just an understanding to play the kids on defense in the Bake.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
11 AM start.

Chance to clinch home ice (although LA losing tonight would also do that), but also a chance to hit 100 points.

Woodcroft has mentioned 100 team points a lot during his interviews. I suspect he set it as a team goal when he was hired and he used it as motivation for them. “I believe in the talent and the people in this room. You are a 100 point team. Go out there and show it.” Or some such.
ClutteredThoseBallpython-size_restricted.gif

"Everytime we win, we peel off a section."

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I don't think you need to call up anyone at this point (especially from an already injury riddled farm team). You roll with 12 and 6 till Nurse is back, or a further injury dictates something different.

Reactions: Giggleplex

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
By the way, how does one start off the morning with a BJ? Enquiring minds want to know.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Russell-Ceci
Keith-Bouchard
Kulak-Barrie

IMO you keep the current pairs together that are doing well. You just ask a little more of the 3rd pairing and a little less of the top pairing while Nurse it out.
I like keeping consistency in the other pairs and it makes sense going into the playoffs, but the last time Russell was given 1st pair type responsibilities he really got exposed. They'd have to really ramp down that 1st pairs time if they went this route.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad