Value of: Starting new threads when trades are fully confirmed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Wondering if anyone else would value this. Especially come deadline day, there are tons of "Rumor" threads floating around that you can't read them all. Then you see a "trade confirmed thread" and click on it, only to have to flick through 18 pages of "I bet it's for" and "It better not be for" until you get to the actual trade.

I know the Mods got enough to deal with on a busy day, and if I'm the only one, so be it. But just checking the value to everyone else.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
When a trade is confirmed, it doesn't mean the pieces are public yet. What is the harm in opening a trade confirmed thread? People see it and post. There is only one thread and the title is updated as the pieces come in. Don't like it, don't click until you see the red tag.

Reactions: HabsQC

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Wondering if anyone else would value this. Especially come deadline day, there are tons of "Rumor" threads floating around that you can't read them all. Then you see a "trade confirmed thread" and click on it, only to have to flick through 18 pages of "I bet it's for" and "It better not be for" until you get to the actual trade.

I know the Mods got enough to deal with on a busy day, and if I'm the only one, so be it. But just checking the value to everyone else.
On trade day new threads are locked to mods.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
When a trade is confirmed, it doesn't mean the pieces are public yet. What is the harm in opening a trade confirmed thread? People see it and post. There is only one thread and the title is updated as the pieces come in. Don't like it, don't click until you see the red tag.
His point is that when you wait for the red tag and click in to read it, there's already 10+ pages of people speculating what the deal is because those threads get merged into the final "confirmed with link" thread, so you don't know where the trade actually happened and where people were still just speculating on the return.

I think he's looking for one new thread to be opened up after the trade and all the pieces are confirmed, without all the rumor posts merged in front of it.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
^^^ Yes this. It's fun to see the speculation and trade pieces coming in, but waking up in the morning and reading a thread with dozens of pages is a bit cumbersome. Would be nicer to simply make a new thread with all the details once confirmed (once posted by the respective teams essentially), and then close the speculative thread with a link to the new thread.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Just don't open a confirmed trade thread until the complete details are known. People can speculate in a rumors thread until the new thread is set up.

Reactions: TrufleShufle

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'd be all for this. It would also mean there would be a thread available to read everyone's reactions, valuations on players, etc, and not have it through a long thread just trying to figure out the facts through the fog of war...

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
^^^ Yes this. It's fun to see the speculation and trade pieces coming in, but waking up in the morning and reading a thread with dozens of pages is a bit cumbersome. Would be nicer to simply make a new thread with all the details once confirmed (once posted by the respective teams essentially), and then close the speculative thread with a link to the new thread.

Especially if TO has anything vaguely to do with the thread. 1 hour in and 9 million posts. 4.87 million of which are, oh it better not be this guy going!

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Then you see a "trade confirmed thread" and click on it, only to have to flick through 18 pages of "I bet it's for" and "It better not be for" until you get to the actual trade.
It would be great if the mods could update the title or first post with a mention or link of the post number of when the trade details were finalized. But that's probably asking for too much.

I do like the idea of locking the speculation thread and starting a new one.

Last edited:

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Nah it's fun this way. This is why people are on the boards. weed through the Bull but it is fun trying to find a deal that works for your team.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
It's a nice idea in theory. But it could be a mess on deadline day.
Mods already (mostly) edit the top post to include a Tweet of the deal.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
My favourites are the title edits "update/mod warning on post #387" and you have to guess the page number and scroll around to find it.

Because editing the OP with the actual update/warning is too much work

Reactions: TrufleShufle

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
My favourites are the title edits "update/mod warning on post #387" and you have to guess the page number and scroll around to find it.

Because editing the OP with the actual update/warning is too much work
Haha yea this always annoyed me, more so when the update is no longer on that post numbered, due to other posts getting deleted for various reasons, usually having to do with the "mod warning."

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Isn’t that why moderators get paid the big bucks

4yqe1q.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad