Stan Bowman thread (mod warning post 965)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Agree, its been a joke. I guess what I meant in my original post is there needs to be an organizational shift to embracing a rebuild if they can't get things turned around. Do what the Rangers did and put out a letter to STHs. Anybody thats a pending UFA or will be after next year hits the trade block and go from there. I'd try to move Toews while someone might still pay a decent price and give the C to Kane. Extend Lehner. Flip Crawford to a playoff team that wants cup experience. Try to gather as many draft picks for Kelley to use in return
I'm fine with tearing it down, just not sure if Stan is the person you want rebuilding the team. I'm also not sure they can tear it down with the contract situation being what it is.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm fine with tearing it down, just not sure if Stan is the person you want rebuilding the team. I'm also not sure they can tear it down with the contract situation being what it is.
totally agree with you. esp if he needs to go and get some free agents.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016

You would definitely need a new voice...someone not loyal to the old boys from the glory days.

I just don't think the higher ups in the organization would allow someone to trim the fat like Seabrook and Toews for fear of the bad press for a few days.

Can they bring back Pulford for a Summer?

Reactions: ModryJazyk

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You would definitely need a new voice...someone not loyal to the old boys from the glory days.

I just don't think the higher ups in the organization would allow someone to trim the fat like Seabrook and Toews for fear of the bad press for a few days.

You almost made it through a post without saying Toews. You should really try to do that sometime. GTFO

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

better yet, bring back Iron Mike Keenan and let him finish off the season.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
better yet, bring back Iron Mike Keenan and let him finish off the season.

source.gif

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
That being said, the whole team needs a swift kick in the ass.

Keenan is a complete Richard that puts Babs to shame though.

How do you think Toews and Seabrook will respond to that? My guess is run right to the front office or media and an ultimatum will be given.

The coach of this team no longer matters, that's the point.

Colliton may actually be a good coach, but he won't be with this group of jackasses.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
To bad the one man that would do it is "under review" :sarcasm:
Touche. LOL.
I'd have no issue with Marc Crawford kicking Toews in the ass right now.
That being said, Mike Singletary got fired for mooning his team during a halftime speech in which he told the 49ers that they were getting their asses kicked.

Reactions: BrianE

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Touche. LOL.
That being said, Mike Singletary got fired for mooning his team during a halftime speech in which he told the 49ers that they were getting their asses kicked.
i wonder if Iron Mike could work well with SB

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Iron Mike doesnt work well with anyone. And hes an artifact.
that is why he is needed..... lets get some old school hockey going .... the rest of this season should do the work before there is a mass mutiny with these new privilege nhl players.

Reactions: BrianE

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
that is why he is needed..... lets get some old school hockey going .... the rest of this season should do the work before there is a mass mutiny with these new privilege nhl players.
i cant tell if this mike keenan thing is a schtick

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI

This

And it's become a huge problem.

Reactions: LDF

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Touche. LOL.

Agree.

Lol i never heard that one regarding Singletary, crude and hilarious at the same time.

Reactions: LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad