Proposal: St. Louis - Chicago (Jordan Schmaltz)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
So, I've had my eyes on Jordan Schmaltz for a while now. Saw him play in a few games this year when my wife's work got some tickets to stinky Wolves games.

With Nick Schmaltz getting penciled into our lineup this year, I thought this would be a good time to inquire about his brother. Cap seems to always be an issue for us, and our defensive prospect depth is almost non-existent at this point. If we could find a deal to move his brother into our system, it might help us solve both problems. Might be willing to sign at a bulk discount. :D

I totally realize that we'd be trading with the Blues, and we have kind of a rivalry going. What would it take? How highly is Schmaltz thought of?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Schmaltz doesn't project onto the roster right now, but if Shattenkirk is traded he has a pretty good shot at bottom pairing guy, or a likely depth call-up seeing action this year.

I don't see any reason for the Blues to trade him, let alone to Chicago. And I see no reason for Chicago to acquire him other than "brothers".

The sad irony is that the most appealing asset from Chicago is Schmaltz. If there WERE going to be a deal, it would be to swap brothers.

Bubblhead00

Jul 4, 2015
To STL Panarin

To CHI Schmaltz Vannelli and 1st in 17'

Just going on OP. And heard Chicago was going to have a problem signing him.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Haha, I know. Funny enough, that's really the only piece that would make sense for either side. We'd want an equivalent center prospect in return.

I know he's the one that makes the most sense. He's essentially already on our roster though. There might be more of a deal to be made after this season concludes, and some of our other young players get an NHL look, and have NHL value.

Unfortunately, as high as I and other Hawks fans are on some of our guys in camp, there isn't an "on paper" equivalent forward to Jordan. Pokka and Forsling exist, but what would the point of that trade be besides, "hey, brothers."

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Defensive prospect depth is non existent? We quite a few good young prospect defensman and no NHL spots currently available. Forsling and Pokka are both very high end defensive prospects. Pokka actually is NHL ready, we just have no where to put him. Then you throw in other guys like Gustafsson/Svedberg/etc, really pushes the point that theres no need to go out and trade for a defensive prospect.

as15

Sep 21, 2012
Defensive prospect depth is non existent? We quite a few good young prospect defensman and no NHL spots currently available. Forsling and Pokka are both very high end defensive prospects. Pokka actually is NHL ready, we just have no where to put him. Then you throw in other guys like Gustafsson/Svedberg/etc, really pushes the point that theres no need to go out and trade for a defensive prospect.

I agree with this. After this year (TVR's current contract extends two more seasons), the Hawks only have, at most, two defensive spots open. They also have Forsling and Pokka who are both near NHL ready, as well as Gustafsson and Svedberg who are serviceable bottom pairing guys at this point. That isn't even mentioning Chicago's ability to attract FA's on the cheap (Campbell and Kempny). There just isn't a spot for JSchmaltz right now (similar issue in STL's system) unless Chicago loses Pokka or TVR in the expansion draft next year.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
So, I've had my eyes on Jordan Schmaltz for a while now. Saw him play in a few games this year when my wife's work got some tickets to stinky Wolves games.

With Nick Schmaltz getting penciled into our lineup this year, I thought this would be a good time to inquire about his brother. Cap seems to always be an issue for us, and our defensive prospect depth is almost non-existent at this point. If we could find a deal to move his brother into our system, it might help us solve both problems. Might be willing to sign at a bulk discount. :D

I totally realize that we'd be trading with the Blues, and we have kind of a rivalry going. What would it take? How highly is Schmaltz thought of?

our defensive prospect depth is better than our forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad