Sportsnet reports that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

southwing

Mar 5, 2003
Moose's Armpit, Sk
Visit site
the sides are talking again today. There has been communication between the two sides Wednesday. May just be to set up the meeting tomorrow (?) but you would have to think that once they are in communication, some ideas have to be exchanged in order to make tomorrows meeting worth while.

Sorry I don't know how to make a link but its Sportsnet.ca

southwing

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
"The source says the direction the league plans to take should be made clearer by the end of the day."

:handclap: BECAUSE WE REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE UP TOO! :shakehead

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Get ready for it:

"The NHL will have no further comment on CBA negotiations at this time. However, the lines of communication remain open."

krandor

Jan 28, 2005
So right on schedule. So there will be face-to-face meetings Thursday. They will break and meet again Friday and then leave about lunchtime Friday with no new talks scheduled and no deal worked out. :shakehead

Matt Foley*

Future sports headline:

NHL, NHLPA still "Hopeful"

By Kara Yorio
Clueless Hockey Writer for The Sporting News

July 4, 2005, 11:09 PM EST

NEW YORK -- While millions of people celebrated Independence Day in the United States by attending parades, going to the beach, or watching fireworks, NHL and NHLPA officials met for a casual two-hour meeting this afternoon trying to save what is left of the 2004-05 NHL season.....

:shakehead

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You guys are so depressing, jeez! :shakehead

Some of you are worse than Glenn Healy, good thing there's a few people with hope here, that way there won't be too much "I told you so" threads :)

Last edited:

ResidentAlien*

417 TO MTL said:
You guys are so depressing, jeez! :shakehead

Some of you are worse than Glenn Healy, good thing there's a few people with hope here, that way there won't be too much "I told you so" threads :)

No kidding, I'd post something optimistic but I don't think my system could take it
:help:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Can't wait for the upcoming events to unfold:

--Thursday: Eleven-hour meeting commencing at 10:00 a.m. ET in an "undisclosed location", discovered to be Wally's Steak House in Teaneck, NJ. Talks break off, nothing to report, will meet again tomorrow.

--Friday: Meeting in another "undisclosed location", turns out to be Citicorp building again; meeting commences at 11:00 a.m. ET, talks break off at approximately 3:40 p.m. ET, NHLPA reps storm out red-faced, claiming "Talks have broken off for the day. We remain far apart, with wide philosophical differences. We're heading back to Toronto." NHL is "mum" on meeting until around 7:00 p.m. ET, when a statement is released: "We will have no specific comment on CBA negotiations. Talks continue to progress, and the lines of communication remain open."

Repeat this process every week until the summer.

Vic Rattlehead*

Well, Sportsnet was not wrong. Atleast we didn't have false hope about a proposal, they skipped to the end and told us about the meeting AND the rejection at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad