Sooo...how are you feeling about our playoff chances?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
I think we make it, barely, but I do have confidence in this team. 3/5 of the loses are 1 goal games, 2/5 are 2 goal games. We have come out slow the first ten minutes, which has cost us early goals and required us to come back. These guys know where they are in the standings, and I'm sure they know they want to be playing in the playoffs. They're better then this, they know it, we know it, and I think they come out and show it, starting with a win in St. Louis tomorrow.

Hopefully I'm not to optimistic.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
i hate saying this but we're not going to make it. detroit and columbus have two games in-hand (0-2 points separation), and washington has a game in hand (1 point seperation) against us.

the odds of us making it are really slim. we're gonna need a miracle. like go on a huge winning streak, while the others around us lose. that's our only hope.

OUnzXzw.jpg

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
i hate saying this but we're not going to make it. detroit and columbus have two games in-hand (0-2 points separation), and washington has a game in hand (1 point seperation) against us.
the odds of us making it are really slim. we're gonna need a miracle. like go on a huge winning streak, while the others around us lose. that's our only hope.

OUnzXzw.jpg

Like Jesus, Bernier can walk on water.

leafs4.jpg

He is the chosen one

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Well?

Decided to start the poll on this board - because if I started it on the polls board the stupidity in the responses would be off the hook

i started looking at the prospects ranked 10-15 if that is any indication.

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON

OUnzXzw.jpg

That is assuming Columbus and Washington go on a run too. There is no guarantee that will happen.

The Leafs' chances are pretty much even with Columbus and Washington. But again, it depends on how these teams do down the clutch. There is NO guarantee one of those teams won't fall into a slump either.

FYI: Columbus has lost their last 2.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012

Attachments

• 25percent.chance.jpg
    25percent.chance.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 71

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
We should make it easy. All teams go through slumps but now we have Bernier back, Bolland also, we're 100% healthy for the first time this year. Just need a couple of games to start clicking together and we will be unstoppable.

We have Kessel, clearly a top 3 forward in the game. Bernier is obviously one of the best goalies in the world and our top 9 forwards are the best in the NHL. Defence could use another 2nd pairing guy but at worst, we are 1-2 players away from winning the cup.

Even after this 6 game slump, we're still on the verge of making the playoffs. If that's not a sign of greatness, I don't know what is.

Nobody in the East is scary. We match up well against Boston, hell we proved last year that we're right there with them. Everyone else in the East has holes you could drive a truck through.

Remember when we had a long slump earlier? That was because we were without our top 3 centres. You really think if you took away any teams top 3 centres they wouldn't have problems? We were all waiting for this team to be 100% healthy before we judge the moves Nonis made. Well that time is finally here.

Fantastic 3rd period last night boys. A sign of things to come I'm sure. Now that we're healthy finally we're going to do great things!

:)

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
We should make it easy. All teams go through slumps but now we have Bernier back, Bolland also, we're 100% healthy for the first time this year. Just need a couple of games to start clicking together and we will be unstoppable.

We have Kessel, clearly a top 3 forward in the game. Bernier is obviously one of the best goalies in the world and our top 9 forwards are the best in the NHL. Defence could use another 2nd pairing guy but at worst, we are 1-2 players away from winning the cup.

Even after this 6 game slump, we're still on the verge of making the playoffs. If that's not a sign of greatness, I don't know what is.

Nobody in the East is scary. We match up well against Boston, hell we proved last year that we're right there with them. Everyone else in the East has holes you could drive a truck through.

Remember when we had a long slump earlier? That was because we were without our top 3 centres. You really think if you took away any teams top 3 centres they wouldn't have problems? We were all waiting for this team to be 100% healthy before we judge the moves Nonis made. Well that time is finally here.

Fantastic 3rd period last night boys. A sign of things to come I'm sure. Now that we're healthy finally we're going to do great things!

:sarcasm:????

Hopefully the boys can empty their heads these next 2 days, and come out big for Friday.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Love your optimism,but sadly that time is running out.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It's crazy that people still have chosen not to throw in the towel.

This thing is over folks. The fat lady has sang. The 18-wheeler has gone off the cliff. The choke is complete.

Games played alone, and the fact that teams around the Leafs all have games in hand, means the Leafs are done.

Saturday was the nail through the coffin.

Nov 6, 2007
8 games left. They need 11 more points probably. So hopefully wins against Detroit, Calgary, Winnipeg, Florida, Ottawa. Then find one more or OT against Phil, Boston, Tampa.

Relatively easy schedule left for the Leafs.

Columbus has it tough, so does Detroit.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Habs fan coming in peace to ask this : IF the leafs don't make it, will you cheer for us in the playoffs ? This is assuming we're the only canadian teams in the spring dance.

If not, which team will you cheer for or at least follow the most ?

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Habs fan coming in peace to ask this : IF the leafs don't make it, will you cheer for us in the playoffs ? This is assuming we're the only canadian teams in the spring dance.

A) No. I'd rather have a Sens fan slowly crush my ***** in a vice grip than cheer for you asshats.

B) Anyone else.

How's that?

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

The only reason I hate the habs is because they are leafs competition and rivals. When the leafs are out of the equation, I actually like the habs.

I don't hate them just because I'm supposed to. So if you play good hockey, I'll cheer for you guys.

If the Caps make it, they're my team.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto

I think most of us wouldn't, no offence. Kinda hard to cheer for a rival :)

I'd personally be rooting for the Blues and Sharks, cause I wouldn't mind seeing a team win their 1st cup.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
I try not to be negative, but barring a slump from 2 of Detroit/Washington/Columbus and the Leafs winning probably 6 of the final 9 games we have surrendered our playoff spot without even a fight.
Terrible, terrible time to start losing. Players should be held accountable.
Sure, Carlyle is sometimes in question, and downright unreasonable but players have the be held accountable. Carlyle isn't on the ice giving up goals, and not scoring them.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

A) No, I won't be cheering for the Habs. Why would anyone? If there are Leafs fans who cheer on the Habs, they deserve a slap in the face. Disgusting. No disrespect intended to a great franchise with superb history, but there are rivalries and lines in rivalries that shouldn't be crossed - cheering for them is one of them.

Plus - if the roles were reversed, I think we all know that Habs wouldn't be cheering for the Leafs.

B) CHeer for no one. There may be teams that you enjoy seeing do well (I'd like to see either St. Louis or San Jose do well, because I feel like they are both due a strong cup run), but "cheering" implies an emotional investment and outside of your own team you can't put any sort of emotional investment into another team.

I'll just watch the playoffs as a neutral, and enjoy some pretty good hockey, especially on the Western side of the ledger

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
A) No. I'd rather have a Sens fan slowly crush my ***** in a vice grip than cheer for you asshats.

B) Anyone else.

How's that?

You know he did say he came in peace. A simple no would have been fine or are you still smarting from guaranteeing the Leaf's make the play-offs? :sarcasm:

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
leafs have 8 games left, columbus and detroit have 10 each.

columbus and detroit do not play each other again before the end of the season.

even if the leafs went a nice 5-2-1 to finish off the season (11 points), columbus and and detriot would only have to achieve a pedestrian 11 points over 10 games, 5-4-1 to secure a spot since they will win any tie breakers.

toss in there washington as well (however they won't win a tiebreaker) and you have a mess for the leafs to pull this out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad