Sooo...how are you feeling about our playoff chances?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beleafer19

Apr 25, 2013
i hate saying this but we're not going to make it. detroit and columbus have two games in-hand (0-2 points separation), and washington has a game in hand (1 point seperation) against us.

the odds of us making it are really slim. we're gonna need a miracle. like go on a huge winning streak, while the others around us lose. that's our only hope.

OUnzXzw.jpg

Slim yes but in our last 8 games we only have one back to back and our toughest competition are the Bruins, although we do tend to lose games we should win hopefully they will smarten up. Columbus has 4 back to backs and play Pit, Chi, Phi and Col. Detroit has 3 back to backs and plays Bos, Pit and Stl. Finally, Washington has 3 back to backs and plays Bos, Stl, and Chi. So I'll have some cautious optimism.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
We should make it easy. All teams go through slumps but now we have Bernier back, Bolland also, we're 100% healthy for the first time this year. Just need a couple of games to start clicking together and we will be unstoppable.

They don't have the luxury of a couple of games.

Bernier is obviously one of the best goalies in the world

Huh?

our top 9 forwards are the best in the NHL.

:shakehead

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Habs fan coming in peace to ask this : IF the leafs don't make it, will you cheer for us in the playoffs ?

Not under any circumstances.

This is assuming we're the only canadian teams in the spring dance.

If not, which team will you cheer for or at least follow the most ?

I won't cheer for or follow any team.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Habs fan coming in peace to ask this : IF the leafs don't make it, will you cheer for us in the playoffs ? This is assuming we're the only canadian teams in the spring dance.

:laugh: Never.

Probably one of the california teams or st.louis.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
The only reason I hate the habs is because they are leafs competition and rivals. When the leafs are out of the equation, I actually like the habs.

I don't hate them just because I'm supposed to. So if you play good hockey, I'll cheer for you guys.

If the Caps make it, they're my team.

Yup, Capitals are the team I always cheer for in the playoffs when the leafs don't make it.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
LOL at all the malfunctioning sarcasm detectors here today.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I head how good we were going to be when everyone was healthy etc.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Gary I remember you getting roasted for even suggesting the Leafs could falter down the homestretch. Playoffs were all but a guarantee. Seems like history does tend to repeat itself sometimes.

Those true fans have almost all vanished, and yet the "fake fan" is still here during the choke job. :handclap:

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005

I wish I had a nickel for every time I head how good we were going to be when everyone was healthy etc.

Hey, GN, I know we were at each other's throats yesterday after you came charging at me about a guarantee, but I am putting out the olive branch to let you know I think you have the wrong Holy Mackinaw. I wasn't sure we you focused your crosshairs on me, and I responded in kind, but looking through the old threads (the guarantees, the "you must be unhappy we won" references, etc...) I can tell you have me mistaken for someone else.

FWIW, I never said "I guarantee" a playoff spot, nor have I accused you of being unhappy after a win, or happy after a loss.

Honest mistake, but just wanted to clear the air.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006

:). Remember the nonsense from the "but we're 4th in the league, how dare you say anything negative" crowd? Are we allowed to discuss this team honestly yet??

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Habs fan coming in peace to ask this : IF the leafs don't make it, will you cheer for us in the playoffs ? This is assuming we're the only canadian teams in the spring dance.

I cheered for the senaturds last year to beat the habs, my hatred for Montreal extends past our provincial rival Ottawa.

I'm cheering for the hawks and flyers.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

What? Dear goodness, no. I'd never cheer for Montreal.

I wouldn't 'cheer' for anyone but rather wouldn't wish that St. Louis loses.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Gary I remember you getting roasted for even suggesting the Leafs could falter down the homestretch. Playoffs were all but a guarantee. Seems like history does tend to repeat itself sometimes.

Those true fans have almost all vanished, and yet the "fake fan" is still here during the choke job. :handclap:

All I really said was that nothing was guaranteed, that it's not done until it's done. The stupidity of some of the people here is just unreal. We still could make the playoffs, it's not impossible. If we do, I'm sure the idiots will be out in full force saying "I told you so". LOL

Hey, GN, I know we were at each other's throats yesterday after you came charging at me about a guarantee, but I am putting out the olive branch to let you know I think you have the wrong Holy Mackinaw. I wasn't sure we you focused your crosshairs on me, and I responded in kind, but looking through the old threads (the guarantees, the "you must be unhappy we won" references, etc...) I can tell you have me mistaken for someone else.

FWIW, I never said "I guarantee" a playoff spot, nor have I accused you of being unhappy after a win, or happy after a loss.

Oh wow. Very similar moniker, I thought he just changed his avatar.

My mistake. My apologies.

Peace. :)

:). Remember the nonsense from the "but we're 4th in the league, how dare you say anything negative" crowd? Are we allowed to discuss this team honestly yet??

I remember it all too well. And all the other Pejorative Slured stuff as well. How well we match up against Boston blah blah blah. Yeah, we'd kick Boston's ass for sure right about now LMAO.

The realists are in the minority around here for sure but I guess that's not surprising.

Right now I'm just bitterly disappointed is all. What's going on now is just so embarrassing. I just hope that somehow, something good comes out of this. After all, I don't even care AS MUCH about making the playoffs this year as I do about becoming a real contender down the road. Maybe if the ownership wakes up now it'll all be worth it. For now though, it's just painful.

Thank god for the Raptors! :yo:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Oh yeah, I'd rather swim in Nuclear waste then root for Montreal.

No offence, that's just the way it is.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario

Its funny how those fans always disappear when the team starts playing to how everyone thought they would. I thought they were going to tighten up defensively and CORSI is wrong. "We are winning and that is all that matters" Where is Zeke and Holymakinaw now? Those 2 always disappear when things go south.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Its funny how those fans always disappear when the team starts playing to how everyone thought they would. I thought they were going to tighten up defensively and CORSI is wrong. "We are winning and that is all that matters" Where is Zeke and Holymakinaw now? Those 2 always disappear when things go south.

I'm also waiting for Delicious Dangles to show up. He's the genius who said among other things that:

- games in hand are irrelevant
- our cup chances are as good as LA's
- betting lines are irrelevant
- we match up well against Boston
- we will improve huge in the playoffs because we will benefit more from tightening up defensively then teams who are already good defensively

He also kept saying stuff like "we're the 2nd best team in the East", "we're the 4th best team in the East" etc. pointing to the standings and dismissing games in hand.

A bunch of other nonsense as well but those are the first ones that come to mind.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

There is a thread called "Watch how the Leafs tighten things up at playoff time" or something like that. Someone recently bumped it so it's back on the front page. The genius who started that thread is the guy I had you confused with. Check it out, it's good for a laugh (or a cry). It's a good example of why that poster (to be fair, not just him) is so annoying.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Are the Leafs the new Argos?

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
There is a thread called "Watch how the Leafs tighten things up at playoff time" or something like that. Someone recently bumped it so it's back on the front page. The genius who started that thread is the guy I had you confused with. Check it out, it's good for a laugh (or a cry). It's a good example of why that poster (to be fair, not just him) is so annoying.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Are the Leafs the new Argos?

at least the argos won something since the start of color tv.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
at least the argos won something since the start of color tv.

leafs are planning a huge celebration in 2067 ......bicentennial year ......thats the latest rumor ....rob ford is ready to sign the keys of the city over to MLSE :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DaveT83*

This current team has no better chance of making the playoffs next season
And the year after that then they currently do today.

All time Low for the most Negligent Operation in all of Professional Sport.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Well, reading some of these comments, some of them I feel are directed at people like me. truthfully, I think because the Leafs work in so many iffs - it's not delusional to think the Leafs can take out Boston if, if, if, if, if. [or insert any team here]. I also think a huge chunk of the Leafs problem is that even though they aren't very good - I believe that they don't believe in them selves which is very very sad. [there's a lot of other stuff].

Just my two cents. I always just think that the leafs should get credit for what they do well, which they never get ever in life. (and so I'll defend them on that). but i think i've also been fair on when they're crap :)

[but i wish they weren't crappy all the time] (sniff)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad