OT: Sochi 2014 Olympics - Hockey Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
:laugh: If that was us in game 7 of the SCF that puck would have went in instead of hitting the post. Then we could add the linesman to the list of refs we hate with O'Rourke, Peel, Devorski and McCreary.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Weak call

EDIT: I meant that in women's hockey the rules in regards to checking are more stringent...

Last edited:

source

Jul 13, 2008
Too bad the game is now probably over. 4-on-3 power play for the US because of a "dumb" penalty.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Glad they won gold but those two first calls were garbage for a championship game. Only the breakaway was the one you had to call. Thank god that weak cross check didn't cost Canada the game.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
I'll say this though, the game ending on a PP on a legit call is much better than it being decided in a shootout. I just wish they'd get rid of shootouts to decide championships in international hockey. I can understand why soccer does it since it's much harder to score in that sport but hockey ending in OT means so much more.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Can someone explain to me, please, why patriotism and pride are such great virtues and how not feeling those two abstract emotions is shameful in any way? Especially when specifically referring to men's ice hockey.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Can someone explain to me, please, why patriotism and pride are such great virtues and how not feeling those two abstract emotions is shameful in any way? Especially when specifically referring to men's ice hockey.

Reading through the main thread on that women's game shows the ugly side of patriotism for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad