OT: so, baseball coming back again? (All things Fat Cats)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

littleD

Fat Cats win, Fat Cats win, theeeeeeeeeee Fat Cats win.

7-3. Matt McGovern had 12 or 13 strikeouts after a really rough first inning. He must of thrown over 140 pitches in the complete game.

Nice crowd tonight, over 4,000. Looking for the sweep tomorrow, 4pm.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
WOuld be pretty cool to have the double A farm team of the Jays, I'd expect them to draw big crowds just solely based on that affiliation. Imagine.....we are probably going to have professional baseball and the CFL back by 2014. :handclap:

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
The Jays are doing things right, and their momentum is building across the country. Ottawa is a logical place for them to have a farm team.

They praise the stadium a little to much though, when I was there this summer it needs some work. The city has really let it go. The capacity is good though.

2-4 thousand fans works for that level of ball too.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
The Jays are doing things right, and their momentum is building across the country. Ottawa is a logical place for them to have a farm team.

They praise the stadium a little to much though, when I was there this summer it needs some work. The city has really let it go. The capacity is good though.

Yes it needs some work but is still a very good stadium.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa

I agree that it needs some work to become a legitimate AA stadium... the first step is a new scoreboard.

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
I agree that it needs some work to become a legitimate AA stadium... the first step is a new scoreboard.

yeah, the scoreboard needs to be fixed, as does the batters eye, and the back stop mesh.

Some reno work around the concourse could be in order too.

With a longer term tenant in, they might use that money to fix it up, hopefully.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Brantford takes a 3-1 series lead... just under 6000 attended the game in Ottawa this aft. We may not win this series, but this season was definitely a win for baseball in Ottawa. With crowds like this, I think nobody can doubt that baseball is BACK!! :yo:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I was at the Saturday evening game, the game and the crowd were great. It as my first time at that park since the Lynx left. I'll be back for more. I love baseball games under the lights.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Was at the stadium earlier today. Fat Cats lost 7-1, but an overall entertaining game.. the London Majors really let the heckling get to them. :laugh:

As for this season, Ottawa has a 14-16 record and are currently 6th in the standings. I personally see them staying in that position or even dropping one more to 7th since they have so many games in hand.

A bright spot in the lineup is pitcher Brandon Huffman. He leads the IBL in strikeouts with 93 of them in 11 appearances.. also 2nd in ERA with 2.07. All this and the kid's just 20 yrs old.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Was at the game today too. Was pretty rough...Cody couldn't do anything at 3rd base it was terrible to watch. Hopefully they can pick themselves up and play a little better next game. It happens.

The heckling was crazy...and London definitely let it get to them. Was funny to see the pitcher get hugged to the ground at one point to prevent him from killing the ump.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
We were there Saturday night. Sad about the field, that Escapade music festival really did a number on the grass. Hopefully they will be able to get it back to its previous state before the playoffs.

I didn't see the game today but it sounded a lot worse. They played decently on Saturday but London was on their game defensively. I think the homer on Saturday was only the second that I've ever seen there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad