Post-Game Talk: Snow slide @ Prads 7 pm CDT The End of the Line

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, we lost but that was a mighty fun game after the first couple of minutes. I thought it was going to be a rout and it was NOT. Thank you Predmirals, I have much hope for the future.

My 219 buddies and I have already started planning summer outings. Hockey friends are the BEST friends.

Go Preds!

SouthNash

Oct 25, 2014
Well, we lost but that was a mighty fun game after the first couple of minutes. I thought it was going to be a rout and it was NOT. Thank you Predmirals, I have much hope for the future.

My 219 buddies and I have already started planning summer outings. Hockey friends are the BEST friends.

Go Preds!
No last game of the season pie?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Pete owes me one for his first autobiography from around 1970. He was a no show at the book signing in Dayton.
I tried to catch up to him in Boca Raton about 25 years ago.

He wasn't at his restaurant. I never went back and I gave up on Peter Edward Rose a long time ago.

An old co-worker asked me about Pete gambling and did I believe the rumors, circa 1985.

I said that I never met Pete in person, but he met his first wife at a horse track around 1964.

Pete knew betting on baseball was a third rail and did it anyway.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I tried to catch up to him in Boca Raton about 25 years ago.

He wasn't at his restaurant. I never went back and I gave up on Peter Edward Rose a long time ago.

An old co-worker asked me about Pete gambling and did I believe the rumors, circa 1985.

I said that I never met Pete in person, but he met his first wife at a horse track around 1964.

Pete knew betting on baseball was a third rail and did it anyway.
Pete should get a gig with FanDuel.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I’ve met his son and grandson, both also named Pete. Grandson plays travel ball , his Dad was a coach. Went to just skate his hand in the parking lot and ended up having a few beers with him
I remember when Petey, as he was known then, used to play in the Father - Son game once a year before a Reds game. His sister Fawn was a better hitter in those days.

The funny thing is that I don't remember Ken Griffey Jr playing. Maybe the games ended?

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I remember when Petey, as he was known then, used to play in the Father - Son game once a year before a Reds game. His sister Fawn was a better hitter in those days.

The funny thing is that I don't remember Ken Griffey Jr playing. Maybe the games ended?
Pete jr got 2 hits with the Reds in 1997 and for a bit that made he and his dad the leading father son combo. Bobby/Barry Bonds and the Griffeys eventually passed them easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad