SM-Liiga 2013-14 (rosters, rumours, transactions)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Karalahti to Jokerit looking more and more likely...
bobby_doNotRead_puke_gif-thumb-350x197-15068.gif

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I was hoping Karalahti would stay on the other side of the border. My impression of him is far from positive.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
I've seen this said a few times but really not sure if true but HIFK didn't want him back so he chose Jokerit?

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I don't think anyone knows for sure if HIFK really wanted him back. There have been rumors that they offered him a contract but Karalahti took Jokerit's because they paid him way more, but I've also heard that HIFK and Karalahti didn't even really negotiate. So who knows. All I know is that Karalahti's going to cause trouble, at least on the ice.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I don't think anyone knows for sure if HIFK really wanted him back. There have been rumors that they offered him a contract but Karalahti took Jokerit's because they paid him way more, but I've also heard that HIFK and Karalahti didn't even really negotiate. So who knows. All I know is that Karalahti's going to cause trouble, at least on the ice.

Meh. Third pairing and some PP time and he'll be alright.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
@jokerithc: Puolustaja Jere Karalahti ei pelaa Jokereissa ensi kaudella. #Jokerit #smliiga

I'm guessing he must've gotten a last-minute deal from some current KHL team.

Although I don't know whether I'd laugh or cry if he signed with HIFK after this. :laugh:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
hi - i hope you don't mind me asking here rather than bumping the Teuvo thread on the prospects board...

...but have you heard anything re why he hasn't signed w/ the Hawks yet? I raised this on the Hawks board (and no one knew the answer) - but he's the only first rounder from '12 draft who has yet to sign with the team.

I assume there isn't anything to be worried about...correct?

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
According to Urheilusanomat's (a Finnish sports magazine) issue from a couple of weeks ago, Teräväinen's looking to come to the NHL after next season. I doubt there's anything to be worried about for you guys. Granlund didn't sign with the Wild until last summer, either, although there were no actual problems with the signing itself.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
No worries. I'm 100% sure after next season he will be in Chicago organization.

good! :)

i'm really excited for when he comes to chicago - i know i shouldn't be so impatient...i'm sure it's better for his development for him to stay another year in finland...but i couldn't believe the hawks were able to draft him from where they were picking - so have been eagerly awaiting his arrival!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad