Pre-Game Talk: Sleepless in Seattle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I would expect this to be the game where all the injuries finally catch up to us and we lose.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Nurse back is gonna be a huge boost.
Really interested in seeing what we go with next game. Ideally I’d like to see:

Yam Mcdavid JP
Nuge Drai Hyman
Foegele McLeod Kassian
Benson Ryan Sceviour

Nurse Bouchard
Broberg Russell
Lagesson Barrie

although I’m starting to think Benson if he can control his O zone penalties could bump Kassian off that third line with how Kassian has been playing lately.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Yam Mcdavid JP
Nuge Drai Hyman
Foegele McLeod Kassian
Benson Ryan Sceviour

Nurse Bouchard
Broberg Russell
Lagesson Barrie

although I’m starting to think Benson if he can control his O zone penalties could bump Kassian off that third line with how Kassian has been playing lately.
Nurse won’t be back tomorrow.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Yam Mcdavid JP
Nuge Drai Hyman
Foegele McLeod Kassian
Benson Ryan Sceviour

Nurse Bouchard
Broberg Russell
Lagesson Barrie

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I would expect this to be the game where all the injuries finally catch up to us and we lose.

Well they won't have last change so Niemelainen is going to have to try to tread water against Seattle's top players. Need the offence to show up again and the forwards to play well defensively.

Reactions: Cloned

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

If Skinner can stay sharp I think we come out ok so long as we don't fall behind from our atypical slow start. It might not be a pretty one but if McDavid and Draisaitl can have even average games that is 2 goals right there to start. The PP has been a little quiet so it might light up for another 1. Get a depth goal from lines 3 or 4 or from the D and there is 4 goals. So hopefully we can prevent less than 4 from going into our net.

Next week is trouble. Minnesota, Boston, Carolina, Toronto. That is going to be a very tough stretch of games at home.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If Skinner can stay sharp I think we come out ok so long as we don't fall behind from our atypical slow start. It might not be a pretty one but if McDavid and Draisaitl can have even average games that is 2 goals right there to start. The PP has been a little quiet so it might light up for another 1. Get a depth goal from lines 3 or 4 or from the D and there is 4 goals. So hopefully we can prevent less than 4 from going into our net.

Next week is trouble. Minnesota, Boston, Carolina, Toronto. That is going to be a very tough stretch of games at home.
If we can get 2-3 of the injured guys back, that would be welcomed when the heavyweights come to town. I'd especially like us to have as full a lineup as possible when we play the Laffs.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If we can get 2-3 of the injured guys back, that would be welcomed when the heavyweights come to town. I'd especially like us to have as full a lineup as possible when we play the Laffs.

Sounds like Nurse will be back for sure. Shore as well although he will be playing 4th line somewhere, probably for Benson I would think. Keith, who knows. He is Day to Day but with the Oilers that means Year to Year.....

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Though I’m starting to think Benson if he can control his O zone penalties could bump Kassian off that third line with how Kassian has been playing lately.
So how has Kassian been playing lately?
Last 5GP, 4pts , +4, 12hits, 10shots while getting no PP time.
Yama scored a beauty goal last night and has been tenacious as heck but Kassian has easily been the best RWer on this team of late.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Woops. Well I guess we dress what we did last game then.

Hopefully Mcdavid set an example last night and everyone up front decides to play a full 200’ game to make up for the depleted D.
McD aside from overpassing at times had one of his best complete games to date.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Yama scored a beauty goal last night and has been tenacious as heck but Kassian has easily been the best RWer on this team of late.

I can't agree with this at all. Kassian had 1 good game next to McDrai where he popped in three gimmie points. Then he spent the next two games coasting on the top line until getting bumped last night.

There is way more to how he's doing than his numbers show. When he's off his game, he looks like he's not even trying anymore, which has been the case for a long time.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Agreed, that's why I'm hoping everyone else took notes and follows that example.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto

I can't agree with this at all. Kassian had 1 good game next to McDrai where he popped in three gimmie points. Then he spent the next two games coasting on the top line until getting bumped last night.

There is way more to how he's doing than his numbers show. When he's off his game, he looks like he's not even trying anymore, which has been the case for a long time.

LTIR vs 3IR :popcorn:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
McD was sick of Nostrils posing and prancing around in the early game. What a primmadonna. Vogue. Nostrils. Shaved moustache. Like the rest of Canada McD had to rinse that shit out with a solid game. Figured he'd bring it.

I mean I can't believe how many times we have to hear Nostrils shaved his nostril hair and moustache. We don't care.. Its weird somebody with a porcine pug nose trying to be some fashion plate. Bet he can grow a lot of nostril hair up in there. ;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think he had his "Steve Yzerman" moment in the first game against Winnipeg this season when they got embarrassed by the Jets, and ever since then he's been playing insane 200 ft. hockey.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Meg Ryan was a goddess in this movie
then she got her face carved up

meg-ryan.jpg

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McD was sick of Nostrils posing and prancing around in the early game. What a primmadonna. Vogue. Nostrils. Shaved moustache. Like the rest of Canada McD had to rinse that shit out with a solid game. Figured he'd bring it.

I mean I can't believe how many times we have to hear Nostrils shaved his nostril hair and moustache. We don't care.. Its weird somebody with a porcine pug nose trying to be some fashion plate. Bet he can grow a lot of nostril hair up in there. ;)
But was it a smile or a wince?

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad