Skyrim: Anniversary Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
i wish i would have tried it earlier. I decided to give it a try after I had played the Witcher 3 (on a whim) as i usually don't play these types of fantasy type games. I just couldn't get into Skyrim as it felt so outdated. Too bad I hadn't found it when it first came out to experience the adventure.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Crazy how they're still selling the same basic game from 10 years ago. I'm not big on PC playing, but I can't imagine that the modding community hasn't already created a MUCH better game than Bethesda recycling the same crap.

Reactions: SPV

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Meanwhile, I'd rather that they just re-release Fallout 3 or especially New Vegas for the Switch.

But hey, it's not one of the best-selling games of all time for nothing.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Today is the 10th anniversary of Skyrim.

skyrim1.jpg

WeaponOfChoice

Jan 25, 2020
I had the game when it came out years ago but i never finished. I was too heavy to run anywhere as i was always over-encumbered. Maybe I should pick this up for another go?

Also that skeleton guy in the college was crazy tough.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I had the game when it came out years ago but i never finished. I was too heavy to run anywhere as i was always over-encumbered. Maybe I should pick this up for another go?

It's got the added DLC, Dawnguard was pretty good, I thought...and why were you always over cumbered? You don't need to pick up every iron sword lol, I have a strict 100:1 ratio in value and weight I use (5 pound armor needs to worth 500) and once you get your house you can stash weapons, armors, and heavy items like dragon bones in there.

Reactions: Just Linda

WeaponOfChoice

Jan 25, 2020
It's got the added DLC, Dawnguard was pretty good, I thought...and why were you always over cumbered? You don't need to pick up every iron sword lol, I have a strict 100:1 ratio in value and weight I use (5 pound armor needs to worth 500) and once you get your house you can stash weapons, armors, and heavy items like dragon bones in there.
I stole everything hoping it'd be worth money. I had the one safe house but I never bought a house.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Wait, didn't this already get a definitive re-release? Does this actually improve anything or is it just the same game with a new SKU yet again?

Why am I acting surprised? It's easy money for a corporation, of course they're going to abuse it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Wait, didn't this already get a definitive re-release? Does this actually improve anything or is it just the same game with a new SKU yet again?

It's essentially the 2016 Special Edition (which overhauled the graphics), but with the inclusion of a load of Creation Club mods and minor bug fixes and performance optimizations. It's probably not worth it if you already own the Special Edition, since even the $20 upgrade price means that you're paying $20 for a bunch of mods, and it's probably not worth it if you don't own the Special Edition, since Bethesda is charging $50 for it... for a 10-year-old game. Basically, yeah, it's the same game, new SKU to justify keeping the game overpriced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

10% rule. Dont pick up anything (unless unique) if its value is more then 10% of its weight. Meaning drop those swords that weigh 38 pounds but have a value of $190. Stack up the daggers that weigh 1 pound with a value $10

Reactions: WeaponOfChoice

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
10% rule. Dont pick up anything (unless unique) if its value is more then 10% of its weight. Meaning drop those swords that weigh 38 pounds but have a value of $190. Stack up the daggers that weigh 1 pound with a value $10

I just make trips after every mission to shops and sell them for money. I always make sure I’m light with only what I needed when I go out.

Reactions: WeaponOfChoice

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I just make trips after every mission to shops and sell them for money. I always make sure I’m light with only what I needed when I go out.

Mods can help a lot here... or if you're on console do they do mods at this point as well? Last time I played a companion mod, "Recorder" I believe, came with a spell to summon/unsummon a little dwemer bot that worked as an unlimited storage unit. I'm sure there are other mods available specifically for storage but I found this particular setup highly convenient, and you could always ditch the companion but keep the spell/bot. Only problem was load him up too much and it started effecting performance, though that was on my much older under powered PC.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

Why does relaxing and having fun always have to involve math?

BTW, it seems that you meant "if its weight is more than 10% of its value."

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Mods can help a lot here... or if you're on console do they do mods at this point as well? Last time I played a companion mod, "Recorder" I believe, came with a spell to summon/unsummon a little dwemer bot that worked as an unlimited storage unit. I'm sure there are other mods available specifically for storage but I found this particular setup highly convenient, and you could always ditch the companion but keep the spell/bot. Only problem was load him up too much and it started effecting performance, though that was on my much older under powered PC.

There are mods on consoles now, they just block trophies/achievements from happening

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
There are mods on consoles now, they just block trophies/achievements from happening

I don't want to tell people how to play/enjoy games, but when you're talking about an open world Bethesda game here and balancing enjoy it with mods on one hand vs trophies/achievements on the other...

I'm heavily biased against the latter but I'd think someone really needs to re-evaluate their priorities if they don't want to use mods here because it blocks achievements. I don't mean to be harsh here but just as someone who was never part of the achievement/trophy gen it's mind boggling. With Skyrim here it's an option between customizing, fine tuning, enhancing, and expanding the game, vs... playing it vanilla so you can fill out a sticker book?

It's actually an interesting comparing to make here because from what I understand the benefit/draw to achievements is they kind of set goals/challenges giving the player more life out of their game. An adult may not have time for that but it's great if you're a teenager. For games like Skyrim though that's exactly what mods do, give more life to the game, only it does it by adding a near endless amount of content.

Reactions: Jovavic and Osprey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad