Prospect Info: SJ Sharks 2020 draftee (4/98) Brandon Coe (RW) - North Bay Battalion/OHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Is it just me or does this guy seem really thin? I know he’s tall (6’4”) but he’s also under 190 pounds. Maybe I’m just fat cause he’s 5 inches taller than me and the same weight. :laugh:

That is a bit light, but nothing crazy for someone that age, he has plenty of room to fill out that frame though.

For reference Jumbo is 6'4 220, so Coe probably needs to add about 15-20lbs at minimum. Nothing too crazy, and he's definitely not stick figure at that height/weight

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That is a bit light, but nothing crazy for someone that age, he has plenty of room to fill out that frame though.

For reference Jumbo is 6'4 220, so Coe probably needs to add about 15-20lbs at minimum. Nothing too crazy, and he's definitely not stick figure at that height/weight

I don't recall but what was Jumbo's weight at the '97 draft? I found it on Youtube. 197 lbs.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Article Coe wrote about his fathers battle with cancer.

For Dad | by Brandon Coe
Hope this guy makes it. Already declaring him my new favorite player if he does. Amazing to be able to get that level of maturity, perspective, and just overall writing ability for something of that magnitude at 18 years old. Think we got us a good one and best of wishes to Brandon's father/family.

HldMyBeer

May 15, 2019
I like that he's a big guy who doesn't have to learn how to skate.
And that he's apparently got a mean streak.
I can live with that for a bottom six skater.

Any chance he's a project to convert to D?

any highlights of his mean streak? everything I have read has him more at a Mike Rathje level of mean

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
any highlights of his mean streak? everything I have read has him more at a Mike Rathje level of mean

I haven't seen anything yet.
I just saw scouting reports saying he plays with an edge.
Not sure if that's just because he was on a bad team and the scouts saw him yell at/motivate teammates or something.

Edit:
Or it might be from For Dad | by Brandon Coe
that he can be very focused.

Last edited:

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I honestly think of all the guys we drafted, Coe has the potential to be a really exciting player for us. Size/skill. He just has to put it all together and be great on a consistent basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad