Prospect Info: SJ Sharks 2020 draftee (4/98) Brandon Coe (RW) - North Bay Battalion/OHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
101.-brandon-coe-tn.jpg

Ranked 101 by Elite Prospects
#114 by Future Considerations
#86 by Craig Button (TSN)
#70 by McKeen's
#35 NAS by NHL Central Scouting
#89 Dobber Prospects
#65 by Bob McKenzie (TSN)

Defence is the strongest element of his game. What he lacks in energy, he makes up with intelligent positioning. He’s always above the play in the offensive zone. An advance physical game allows Coe to win battles, establish body positioning, and escape with possession. -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

Brandon Coe at eliteprospects.com

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
This guy didn't have a lot of points but North Bay sucked so he didn't really have any line mates to boost his stats. He is huge tho and a lot of scouts love him.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Are those ratings out of 10?

No idea. I'm not paying for an EP premium account to get their full draft guide :laugh:

EDIT: They might be. Lafreniere's image tops out at a 9 for hockey sense. But it also seems like perhaps it's really hard to push up the scale. Stutzle, for example, has 7s and 6s for most of his skills.

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
I like that he's a big guy who doesn't have to learn how to skate.
And that he's apparently got a mean streak.
I can live with that for a bottom six skater.

Any chance he's a project to convert to D?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Considering his effort is questioned, his production is still pretty good. 57 points in 62 games last season. 2nd on his team behind 20 year old Luke Moncada who had 60 in 62 games.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Considering his effort is questioned, his production is still pretty good. 57 points in 62 games last season. 2nd on his team behind 20 year old Luke Moncada who had 60 in 62 games.

It's hard not to have your effort wane on a bad team. This was a good move to get this pick because he could've easily gone in the 2nd round due to his prototype being very valued by most execs. Kid's got solid potential and will likely see a lot of opportunity due to his size but consistency in his effort especially defensively is going to be what determines his spot in the organization. This is a solid pick and a solid bet for the Sharks to make. Trading next year's Washington 3rd for him is likely the better value. Next year's draft won't be as deep.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Wow, this is as close to a classic Burke pick as it got this draft so far, and the guy still skates well and scores. Very impressive work by DW Jr and his staff.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Is it just me or does this guy seem really thin? I know he’s tall (6’4”) but he’s also under 190 pounds. Maybe I’m just fat cause he’s 5 inches taller than me and the same weight. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad