Prospect Info: SJ Sharks 2020 draftee (1/31) Ozzy Wiesblatt (RW) - Prince Albert Raiders/WHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
What are the alternatives if he continues to refuse to comply?
Usher his friends away since they have already left the ice. If he wants to skate alone, let him, since apparently that is legal. If he wants to be stubborn fine, work with the people who are complying.

This is shinny, not street violence

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Usher his friends away since they have already left the ice. If he wants to skate alone, let him, since apparently that is legal. If he wants to be stubborn fine, work with the people who are complying.

Except they would have reasonable doubt that him not complying and being left alone to skate would result in others returning.

Reactions: themelkman

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

You do get that if you steal something and then set it down and back away when confronted by the police, you don't get absolved of guilt for theft?

Not to mention this tool tried to play dumb about why he was being approached, refused to identify himself, and resisted arrest. He deserved the spray in my book.

Reactions: themelkman

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Except they would have reasonable doubt that him not complying and being left alone to skate would result in others returning.

You do get that if you steal something and then set it down and back away when confronted by the police, you don't get absolved of guilt for theft?

Not to mention this tool tried to play dumb about why he was being approached, refused to identify himself, and resisted arrest. He deserved the spray in my book.

You both seem to be under the impression that I absolve him of any wrong doing. All I said was that it's a poor look on both people, noting that police resorting to physical tactics and beyond was unnecessary.

These are young adults playing pond hockey at dusk in a reality where rules change daily. You also have a group of other Skaters who left the ice and were encouraging their friend to do so as well. If the police had worked with the bigger group to get Ocean off the ice instead of flexing muscles and threatening arrest and ticketing, maybe this would have ended differently.

There are plenty of non-violent ways to ensure people follow the rules. Police being physical should be the last resort, no?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You both seem to be under the impression that I absolve him of any wrong doing. All I said was that it's a poor look on both people, noting that police resorting to physical tactics and beyond was unnecessary.

These are young adults playing pond hockey at dusk in a reality where rules change daily. You also have a group of other Skaters who left the ice and were encouraging their friend to do so as well. If the police had worked with the bigger group to get Ocean off the ice instead of flexing muscles and threatening arrest and ticketing, maybe this would have ended differently.

There are plenty of non-violent ways to ensure people follow the rules. Police being physical should be the last resort, no?

My response says nothing of you absolving him of wrongdoing. My response simply shows a reasonable response to what you're suggesting from their perspective. It's not the police's job to work with the group that was complying to get Ocean to comply. It's Ocean's job to comply with the police when asked like everyone else did. If someone continues to refuse to comply, physicality is the next response whether it's liked or not. That's what happened. The appropriate actions were taken. I get that rules change regularly during this but they made the request and he refused. It's as simple as that at the end of the day and when do cops ever take no for an answer?

Reactions: tiburon12

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well damn. I would say the sharks shouldve shipped him off to europe but he may not have been comfortable with that

Even with the unique circumstances of COVID I don't think the CHL would've been keen on opening the door to NA-born CHLers being loaned to Europe. It's already a bit of a tightrope walk with the CHL/AHL restrictions in place, the last thing that major junior wants/needs is a different potential avenue to its star players being plucked out of the league early for anything less than NHL ice-time.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Even with the unique circumstances of COVID I don't think the CHL would've been keen on opening the door to NA-born CHLers being loaned to Europe. It's already a bit of a tightrope walk with the CHL/AHL restrictions in place, the last thing that major junior wants/needs is a different potential avenue to its star players being plucked out of the league early for anything less than NHL ice-time.
Its happened. Top prospect Brande Clarke is moving to Slovakia from the O. These guys need development time that they cant get in Canada right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad