Prospect Info: SJ Sharks 2020 draftee (1/31) Ozzy Wiesblatt (RW) - Prince Albert Raiders/WHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Welcome aboard
200_d.gif

Reactions: Ginger Papa

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Actually seems like Hertl and Thornton are the ones missing. Since the 3 who attended have letters.
I guess Thornton not coming makes sense since he's technically not a Shark.

Technically he's still a Shark until Thursday night.

It's past Hertl's bedtime and Thornton isn't a leader two words. Tin man.

I'll do you one better. One word: Regular Season.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Got up to watch the pick last night.

Had my fingers crossed that the guy I'd mentioned in the other threads, JJ Peterka, was still there and he was - he would have been my pick. I was surprised Gunler was there and could have seen that as a swing with big upside too. Still hoping one of these guys is selected at 34.

WITH THAT BEING SAID... Wiesblatt is a solid pick. I had him maybe 10-15 picks behind this spot, but as I said previously, once you go past 15 or so in this draft, you could legitimately make a case for anyone in the next 30 picks or so. I trust the scouting team has done its due dilligence so no complaints from me.

My reluctance was literally based on his size, not his game. He clearly has some good skill, a good shot and great wheels. If he's developed properly, I don't see why he couldn't make it as a top 6 scoring winger. At this point, nobody comes with any guarantees so Ozzy is as good as anyone at 31.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad